• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another wife wants a gun thread

Whatever you do don't let her buy a S&W "EZ". Most of the ones I've seen were pieces of s**t.
If you REALLY love her get her a CZ 75D Compact PCR (alloy frame), send it to CZ Custom for a trigger job, get some Dawson Precision Tritium sights on it and teach her how to shoot it.

A 12 gauge, some combat boots and a box of cigars she can chomp on while mowing down a zombie horde.

In all seriousness, she's going to have to try a bunch of different weapons. I thought I would happy with a killer easy to conceal revolver but in the end it turns out that a little less power and semi automatic was perfect for me. I'm totally sold on 9mm but that's me.

Mrs. Snub only recommends the LCR in either .357 or 9mm to her friends-calls them the forever perfect guns- what a gal.

That's a mistake. Start anyone out with a 22 so the student can focus on skills without the distraction of recoil. It speeds the learning process, no matter how grown-up the student is. I've seen big, burly guys who can't put a round on the target page with a 9mm, because they anticipate recoil in various counterproductive ways. It's a subconscious problem, best avoided rather than cure.
Yes, this. Fundamentals first, get fancy later. My wife has been to the range a total of three times with her .22 single action. (I measured one of her last groups at 2-1/2" at ten yards.) Now she likes my .22 SA with .22 magnums. I think that if she'd started off with a big bore, or a semi-auto spitting brass everywhere, I'd still be looking for a shooting buddy.

First I read the thread title and wondered how many wives you have. ;-)

Second, good on you. I started the Mrs. shooting on a .357 mag 1894 carbine. She did well with it. Then I told her she just shot a .357mag and to not listen to anyone ever talking about a round's recoil, because it depends on the gun. I don't start adults off on 22s or conversely on light guns with potent rounds. Goal is to get the preconceptions/brain out of the way and train.

Training
Training
Training
Training

Dont teach her your bad habits aquired over decades......

She's a mostly clean slate......make sure she learns good habits up front so she doesnt have to unlearn shit like most people
This is exactly why she’s going to get professional training and practice.

A 12 gauge, some combat boots and a box of cigars she can chomp on while mowing down a zombie horde.

In all seriousness, she's going to have to try a bunch of different weapons. I thought I would happy with a killer easy to conceal revolver but in the end it turns out that a little less power and semi automatic was perfect for me. I'm totally sold on 9mm but that's me.
You guys are totally right about this I forget back to my first time. Which ever gun she gets… She’s gonna want a different one. While we all get to choose.. she’ll get try anything she wants and then just pick whatever it is she thinks works for here.

It’ll also give me a reason to dig out everything I own and go through it. Some of this steel need a little love..

On a sidenote I dug whatever was left out of this thing on my leg. I’m surprise there’s anything in there it was a through and through.

As f***ed up as it sounds I can’t remember. I got clipped by one other project one time.

I’m so Tempted to run my legs through this x-ray machine at work. It’s not the right guy for broken bones would at least give me a hint where I got cut. I just don’t wanna be caught on camera doing something like that and get fired. Maybe I’ll just wand myself

I’m about 90% certain I got all this Out of me… It’s just strange to have things hurt because I’ve been deal with that broken leg. Now that’s over with everything f***ing hurts. It’s actually really good spot to be.

Get something that ejects to the right and not straight back.
1 hot shell down the shirt and those things turn into wrecking balls. Flailing about and all that.
A lot of the ones I think she would like eject backwards and they’re terrible target pistols but at 5 feet probably decent self-defense weapon

Get something that ejects to the right and not straight back.
1 hot shell down the shirt and those things turn into wrecking balls. Flailing about and all that.
She’s got a plate in her wrist that bothers her… Repetitive firing will probably hurt it.. He says she’s gonna think about shooting Lefty. I told her she’s gonna learn to use both hands individually and together but We will get her started with something easy

Thank you. I keep reading the title as:
(Another wife) wants a (gun thread)
implying a second wife who demands starting a new thread.
When I send them packing… They leave with 10 firearms a couple cases of ammo and safe. Thank God none have come back

You guys know it’s not fun to make fun of people who can’t read read/wright?

Another wife wants a gun thread, I don’t force my views on people. Finally my wife said She needs
gun “I’m scared…”

Mind you she’s just becoming an adult and that I’m an old man.

I Explain to her that she needs to take a safety course and go get a permit that’s gonna take six months and cost about 250 bucks.

Her responses why do I need to pay to own a gun.

I’m falling in love all over again.

She’s going to take the coarse go down to the police department pay the f***ing fee..

Then I’m gonna take her out after my mother gives her training… Lay her out 30 firearms let her pick and choose… And if the offerings are unacceptable… She can have whatever she wants.

My big question is “what are you scared of?”

Her answer was “ I wake up and your not home”

There’s no point in having a firearm arm not willing using it.

I can’t be around all the time. It’s important for people to have the option protect themselves.

I do feel bad she was upset and feels that way… But she’s finally living in the real world.
I fail to see any problems here.

If she’s looking for home defense, a shotgun is the way to go. Maybe I missed a crucial need here, is it more than home defense that has her concerned? BTW that’s what my misses knows how to shoot. She wants nothing to do with handguns for home defense.

My mom don’t f*** around… She is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.. It’s likely that’s where I inherited my crazy

Back
Top Bottom