• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another wife wants a gun thread

This other bullet my in my ass is staying there…. I don’t have the technology to remove it. It’s OK it’s like an old friend is not going anywhere

I was trying to explain to the wife about shit like this and she’s clueless

There must be an absolutely hilarious thread about this somewhere right? If there isn’t you’re missing a chance at legend status. lol
Less funny every time… If I get the forceps out and could see my own ass Id go for it. What am I going to the hospital And say “OK” Remove this f***ing bullet from15 years ago… The irony is It’s always somebody else’s negligence if these people weren’t with their kids id probably f***ing leave them with a gash across their face with the front sight of my pistol … My patience Is unbelievable. I like to chalk it up to a learning experience for everybody involved…

And this is why I don’t go to the range anymore.

The poor wife doesn’t know what she’s in for. I just hope she doesn’t have to learn the way I did

I less worried about the law then Surviving… I’m gonna have to hire her a lawyer preemptively. Me personally I’ll never keep my mouth shut thats The only true right you have….

I’m so tempted to take this last thing out of my ass but I can’t see it…. That one is a keeper… I guess it’s not that big of a deal. I go to work,take my clothes off and start walking through the metal Detector . I just don’t wanna wind up in human resources over it.. I’ve been trying to figure out why I keep setting off the metal detector…. I’m likely good to go and if not then I’m gonna get out the forceps maybe have a couple you guys hold me down and deal with it…

I kept thinking it was my steel toed boots setting off the metal detector

I googled it but I didn’t get anything. Just Massachusetts require live fire training for the safety course? It’s been so long since I’ve done it.

We didn’t get a hold of the place yet we’re gonna have it done at. I’m curious what the wait time is. It varies depending on what’s going on politically.

Side note. This little thing in my leg is already healing up nicely. I think that was from the bigger Incident… The other time was basically just a scratch. So I don’t think I got everything stuck in my ass.. youd think you’ll remember something like that… Just to learn from it but all I learned is people are f***ing morons… The guys kid likely learn something though. So I guess that’s the positive thing I see it.

Somebody in this thread is crazy and it's not me. ;)
My wife is substantially younger than me (17 years) and she's 5'6" 110lbs so she's pretty petite, the first time I took her shooting I thought she'd fall in love with the 22s I had-- instead she gravitated towards and was an incredible shot with my Beretta 92FS-- she loved how smooth the recoil was and her accuracy was incredible because of the longer barrel. She liked it so much that after she got her permit THAT was the pistol she bought for herself.

Recently I took her to the range to try out my new .357 and while she was really good with that one too- she said it was too much gun for her. She DID fall in love with my Walther PPK 22 that I had just picked up for plinking. 3-4 years in she still loves her Beretta and she's thinking about getting her own PPK.

So you never know what they're going to gravitate towards.

I googled it but I didn’t get anything. Just Massachusetts require live fire training for the safety course? It’s been so long since I’ve done it.

We didn’t get a hold of the place yet we’re gonna have it done at. I’m curious what the wait time is. It varies depending on what’s going on politically.

Side note. This little thing in my leg is already healing up nicely. I think that was from the bigger Incident… The other time was basically just a scratch. So I don’t think I got everything stuck in my ass.. youd think you’ll remember something like that… Just to learn from it but all I learned is people are f***ing morons… The guys kid likely learn something though. So I guess that’s the positive thing I see it.
Live fire is a requirement in a very few towns. If you're in a rush, just get into the next class at MFS or Cabelas or whatever and check the box.

Live fire is a requirement in a very few towns. If you're in a rush, just get into the next class at MFS or Cabelas or whatever and check the box.
Thank you. I’m not sure if it’s required or not in my town. Life fires in a bad thing but it’s basically worthless for her application. I didn’t realize you could do it at Cabela’s. We’ve got a local club it’ll take care of it I think my mom Instructor controls have a lapse. She’s busy taking care of grandma I know that she’s passed she’s getting back into it

Thank you. I’m not sure if it’s required or not in my town. Life fires in a bad thing but it’s basically worthless for her application. I didn’t realize you could do it at Cabela’s. We’ve got a local club it’ll take care of it I think my mom Instructor controls have a lapse. She’s busy taking care of grandma I know that she’s passed she’s getting back into it
Your town PD should have a website that lists the application process, or you can call and ask. I think there are like 3 towns in the eastern part of the state, that actually require it.
If your local club offers the class, they'll probably know what the process looks like in the towns near you.
(I could be wrong about Cabelas, I've never tried to take the class there but have been told they offer it)

Wife’s best friend just had a reduction… she needed it… I really wanted to see them before and after… as an excuse to see them before.

Didn’t happen or go over well. I’m not sure at what point they start measuring cup size. These ones are massive especially for 23?.. either way sue had to wait because of Covid… sounds like a sin but f*** her back must feel better.

I gotta get the Box cutter out and take this thing out of my f***ing leg. I can’t make it Through the metal detector at work… I’ve been wanding myself down for three days I think I located the source of the problem it’s just not a good spot…

... But I’m pretty sure they’re gonna fire me when I start x-ray in my leg in the x-ray machine.
Don't they have a cat scanner?
779cfb590525bffaaa3f16aadbb929af--copycat-funny-cats.jpg

Another wife wants a gun thread, I don’t force my views on people. Finally my wife said She needs
gun “I’m scared…”

Mind you she’s just becoming an adult and that I’m an old man.

I Explain to her that she needs to take a safety course and go get a permit that’s gonna take six months and cost about 250 bucks.

Her responses why do I need to pay to own a gun.

I’m falling in love all over again.

She’s going to take the coarse go down to the police department pay the f***ing fee..

Then I’m gonna take her out after my mother gives her training… Lay her out 30 firearms let her pick and choose… And if the offerings are unacceptable… She can have whatever she wants.

My big question is “what are you scared of?”

Her answer was “ I wake up and your not home”

There’s no point in having a firearm arm not willing using it.

I can’t be around all the time. It’s important for people to have the option protect themselves.

I do feel bad she was upset and feels that way… But she’s finally living in the real world.
I'd advise a martial arts class, something realistic like Judo, Jujutsu, Krav Maga, etc. It sounds more like a self-confidence thing rather than a gun need. If she's really interested in owning a firearm, encourage lessons with an instructor for a few months to grasp not only how to use it safely but to understand the laws of owning and using it as well.

Training
Training
Training
Training

Dont teach her your bad habits aquired over decades......

She's a mostly clean slate......make sure she learns good habits up front so she doesnt have to unlearn shit like most people
USPSA shoots are good training. She doesn't need a competitive rig and doesn't need to be the fastest.

Almost always there is someone in the squad that wants to check it out, and they show up with a regular holster to get a feeling for how USPSA works and see if they like it.

People are great, I have never seen anyone be an a** to the new guys/women. They offer advice on what works, what doesn't, efficient ways to reload ...

And USPSA is fun.

A 12 gauge, some combat boots and a box of cigars she can chomp on while mowing down a zombie horde.
I know you are joking, ... but f*ck yeah. That is literally my plate carrier load. I even have a cigar there, and I barely smoke cigars (maybe one every year). If sh*t is so bad I need to use that, I am smoking a damn cigar. (The cigar will probably be sh*t by that time. Oh well).

Somebody in this thread is crazy and it's not me. ;)
My wife is substantially younger than me (17 years) and she's 5'6" 110lbs so she's pretty petite, the first time I took her shooting I thought she'd fall in love with the 22s I had-- instead she gravitated towards and was an incredible shot with my Beretta 92FS-- she loved how smooth the recoil was and her accuracy was incredible because of the longer barrel. She liked it so much that after she got her permit THAT was the pistol she bought for herself.

Recently I took her to the range to try out my new .357 and while she was really good with that one too- she said it was too much gun for her. She DID fall in love with my Walther PPK 22 that I had just picked up for plinking. 3-4 years in she still loves her Beretta and she's thinking about getting her own PPK.

So you never know what they're going to gravitate towards.
That's awesome! Same situation here. Started her off with the ruger mark IV. We shot some steel Challenge matches together and she finally went for her LTC. She is waiting for it to come in the mail as I post. She wants to work on graduating to shooting 9mm from the holster this season( p320 lego build). Loves my Beretta 92x performance and would shoot it in matches, but it is too heavy for her to be completely comfortable doing holster work...for now. Keeps commenting oh how much she really likes the beretta.🤣 I'm afraid she might pick that as her first gun to legally own!!!🥺🥺

Back
Top Bottom