• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Antenna Launchers

MaverickNH

NES Member
I had an EZ-Hang slingshot launcher for years but all the bands rotted. So, I got a DIY pneumatic launcher kit Antenna Launchers Much easier and more accurate than the slingshot launcher. And not classified as a firearm! Although it could send small Molotov cocktails a good distance 😉

It went together easily - check the eHAM reviews for tips. I pumped it up to 150 psi with a bicycle pump and launched the carrier on a 15lb fishing line over a very tall pine in my backyard, pulled a light cord over and then a heavy guyline back, to pull up a 10-80 EFHW 130ft endfed antenna EFHW-8010. It’s mounted on the bottom of the mast holding my 2m/70cm antenna above my roof ridgeline, outside my attic window,

Running East-West, I got pretty good signal spots from my ZachTek 10-80 WSPR 200mW transmitter overnight.

E5D4DB74-CC48-4D4B-9957-F1E7F741B697.jpeg

Same antenna I use. Just had to replace it because ice pulled it off the side of the house and the feed end landed on the driveway from 30ft up. Killed the performance on some bands.
Replaced with the same.
I mostly use it for another forums weekly net. (Also used it for ERIN on voice)
Digital.
OLIVIA 8-250
9:00 PM
Wednesdays.

KC1LLS
Tom
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom