• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Antenna mast question

BTSDOG

NES Member
Hi,
I presently have a vertical antenna mast on one end of my house with a police scanner antenna mounted at the top. What id like to do is mount a horizontal mast across the vertical, then mount two more vertical masts at each end, then moving the scanner antenna to one side, a wireless weather station to the other side and put a CB antenna on the center vertical. My question is where can I find the couplings to mount the horizontal to the vertical, and the two verticals on the horizontal ??? Like a four way T fitting ??

So far its been up for over ten years with 10 gauge solid copper to a copper grounding rod 6' in the ground. Never had a problem.....Lots of storms over the years.....
Sounds like you have it covered.

I'm sitting on a new HF transceiver since Near Fest, waiting until Spring so that a friend can help me put some ground rods in the ground before setting up an antenna . . . and my house is elevated above most others in my area, so I don't need the extra attention from lightning.

Hi,
I presently have a vertical antenna mast on one end of my house with a police scanner antenna mounted at the top. What id like to do is mount a horizontal mast across the vertical, then mount two more vertical masts at each end, then moving the scanner antenna to one side, a wireless weather station to the other side and put a CB antenna on the center vertical. My question is where can I find the couplings to mount the horizontal to the vertical, and the two verticals on the horizontal ??? Like a four way T fitting ??

What you are looking for is called a cross over plate. If you do a Google search you'll find a bunch of results. I have some in my garage buried in a box under some boxes. I just have to dig them out. I'm not sure I have the U-bolts for them but they are generic. If I find them soon I'll post a picture.

This is a steel one 1/4 inch thick. I have some aluminum ones but they are really buried right now. I would use the aluminum and watch how long your horizontal mast is. You'll add significantly to the wind loading and can easily tear the mounting screws out of the house. I have an identical arrangement on my house right now with a Celwave PD201 on the top of the vertical mast and a 3 foot long 800 MHz vertical on one end of the horizontal and a cctv camera on the other end. My horizontal mast is 6 feet long.

Attachments

• IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom