• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti-2A messages you saw on TV and in movies

TJ4

NES Member
One of the other threads made me realize how many moderates and even trump supporters I know who are anti-gun. I think this stems from the constant barrage of anti-2A messages you see on tv and in movies. The gun owner is either the pos boyfriend or husband or he‘s a toothless racist redneck who just loves to go hunting and torture animals.

it might be helpful to list the scenes we’ve seen on shows or movies over the years.

one example, I was watching an episode of the show Chuck last night and there is a scene where his sister is afraid of Casey and tells her husband he has gunz in his home, and the husband says, “he has gunz? Is that creepy? Yes! Is that illegal? Unfortunately no!” this Is a show where every episode has the worst gun safety handling I’ve ever seen. I think the guy who plays Casey is the only one who actually has any experience in real life with firearms and it shows in his scenes.

One of the other threads made me realize how many moderates and even trump supporters I know who are anti-gun.
Most firearm owners are firearm prohibitionists. Actual RKBA supporters are a small minority of firearm owners.
I think this stems from the constant barrage of anti-2A messages you see on tv and in movies. The gun owner is either the pos boyfriend or husband or he‘s a toothless racist redneck who just loves to go hunting and torture animals.

it might be helpful to list the scenes we’ve seen on shows or movies over the years.

one example, I was watching an episode of the show Chuck last night and there is a scene where his sister is afraid of Casey and tells her husband he has gunz in his home, and the husband says, “he has gunz? Is that creepy? Yes! Is that illegal? Unfortunately no!” this Is a show where every episode has the worst gun safety handling I’ve ever seen. I think the guy who plays Casey is the only one who actually has any experience in real life with firearms and it shows in his scenes.
It's good to keep in mind that at least 1.5 of the two major parties, their constituents, the media, and the entertainment industry are wholeheartedly committed to the idea of civilian disarmament. You're not going to get away from examples of them expressing their moral and cultural superiority over anyone who would dare own a firearm simply as a matter of choice today, and the quite terrible series you referenced was from 15 years ago.

i watch a ton of tv daily...can't say i've noticed any that would ring my bell. maybe i don't look hard enough. i suppose you can see anything you want to see if you look hard enough. be interested to follow along and see what i've missed.

I can’t speak of a specific example about anti-second amendment creeping its way into TV and movies..

But what I have noticed is all these movies that involve climate change and the end of the world used to put that 100 years into the future. The last three movies I’ve watched involving that genre make it so it only happens 10 years from now. I don’t think it’s about writing, I definitely think it’s Hollywood propaganda though..

Like if we don’t go electric car, solar and wind in 10 years the oceans are going to kill us all..
It’s definitely propaganda. I guarantee climate change isn’t it real.. And spending our tax dollars on it has nothing to do with fixing the environment it’s about fixing elections

I grew up assuming real people couldn't own guns. Like, not at all. The only people that had guns were crooks, police and some professionals that got some special license.

Where did I learn this? Shows like The A Team and Dukes of Hazzard among others. The late 70's/early 80's was fraught with "hey, you can't just HAVE a gun" type shows.

I was born in 1969. I didn't know it wasn't BAD to OWN a gun until about 1997. LOL

Toy Story had a whole movie about how the stupid cowboy doll lost his hat - but NEVER mentions that he has never had a pistol in his holster in any of the movies.
Bambi wants you to believe that the fire was caused by hunters, and not the homosexual cartoonist junkies leaving their pot cigarettes going in the camp next to the hunters.
Elmer Fudd is an idiot.

I really need to find better shows to watch.

was watching "The Hunted" last night with Tommy Lee Jones and Benecio Del Toro.. not bad.. but I did catch when Jones character was being offered a gun and radio to go to track Del Toro, he denies the gun, saying "I don't like guns".

Now this may be because later on you realize the character teaches some hand/knife fighting technique, but it just caught my attention.

watched the documentary on Lynyrd Skynrd last night and was shocked how many comments from several band members like Artimus Pyle were very anti gun.
Why? They have a song that's pro gun control ("Saturday Night Special"):

Hand guns are made for killin'
They ain't no good for nothin' else.
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself.
So why don't we dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some ol' fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me.

The "Gimme Back My Bullets" song is about song charts, not firearms. "According to Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington in a 1992 Goldmine interview, this song is about the bullets Billboard charts use to signify a song is moving quickly up the chart."

Why? They have a song that's pro gun control ("Saturday Night Special"):

Hand guns are made for killin'
They ain't no good for nothin' else.
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself.
So why don't we dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some ol' fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me.

The "Gimme Back My Bullets" song is about song charts, not firearms. "According to Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington in a 1992 Goldmine interview, this song is about the bullets Billboard charts use to signify a song is moving quickly up the chart."
I don't know, I guess I just assumed. You know what happens when I assume.

watched the documentary on Lynyrd Skynrd last night and was shocked how many comments from several band members like Artimus Pyle were very anti gun.

I'm actually surprised to hear this because I was friends with Ed King (RIP), one of their guitarists (who co-wrote Sweet Home Alabama), and I never got that sense from him. Although truth be told, we spent most of the time talking about guitars and food, and the topic of guns never came up.

Frank

First episode of the new twilight zone had some anti gun vibes, but for the life of me I can't remember why.

During the elections of 2016 I remember anti-gun ads blinking in between commercials, just a frame or two of a no gun sign or something. Seems to me official akwledgment was something about the ad being for a different region and there was a technical glitch, but we all know that was a bug working as intended.

I'm actually surprised to hear this because I was friends with Ed King (RIP), one of their guitarists (who co-wrote Sweet Home Alabama), and I never got that sense from him. Although truth be told, we spent most of the time talking about guitars and food, and the topic of guns never came up.

Frank
You are right. Ed King never mentioned anything about firearms at all. It was several others.

I get my daily dose of anti gun BS reading NES. Like those 2 guys that think it is a great idea to make people do a live fire test before they can carry.

Most firearm owners are firearm prohibitionists. Actual RKBA supporters are a small minority of firearm owners.
Lol i dunno if I'd go that far.

I would say nationally it's not that gun owners are antis but rather ambivalent or take their rights for granted. They just don't care..... Because they've never seen or been faced with the shit end of the stick.

Lol i dunno if I'd go that far.

I would say nationally it's not that gun owners are antis but rather ambivalent or take their rights for granted. They just don't care..... Because they've never seen or been faced with the shit end of the stick.
People who participate on firearm forums live in a bubble. We are not representative of average firearm owners.

was watching "The Hunted" last night with Tommy Lee Jones and Benecio Del Toro.. not bad.. but I did catch when Jones character was being offered a gun and radio to go to track Del Toro, he denies the gun, saying "I don't like guns".

Now this may be because later on you realize the character teaches some hand/knife fighting technique, but it just caught my attention.
Lol, I always love it in movies when the hero is chasing down the villain who will kill millions if not stopped, and the hero turns down the firearms because the Hollywood crowd wanted to make a statement. He’s literally turning down the most effective tool being offered to him to accomplish the job.

in the Macruber movie, which is a spoof on macgyver, he keeps turning down guns, and when he finally uses a machine gun:

View: https://youtu.be/ZZbd-JLTVuA

Watching Freeguy and Ryan Reynolds indicating that there are too many guns and murder. That part is true when the people of the game started asking questions. He does kinda get a pass as he is Canadian.

It is kinda hard for me to watch an actor who is antigun or democrat. I gave up on that and just watch what I want now. Except. I will not buy Disney Plus until Gina is back.

Worlds worst movie. Possibly the funniest scene is when he goes to the bar to beat up the bear trapper.

You are right. Ed King never mentioned anything about firearms at all. It was several others.

Plus he had enough on his plate being governor of Massachusetts.

I think the original producers of the walking dead were pro 2a. It was all about guns, everyone carried one more or less. Later episodes, only the bad guys had em and I got tired of the series. I almost think it was a change in guard where they wanted to re-message with anti-2a.

Supernatural was another pro 2A. The Winchesters always had guns, 1911s, sawed off shotguns, nobody said boo about it.

Other shows I have seen people arrested for just carrying a pistol or a mansion raided by police over a bunch of ARs - no mention of what was illegal, just guns bad basically.

Yeah I'd say you got messages out there of both sorts all over show business.

Meh. She's OK. Never really rung my bell except when she was the slutty-looking wife in The Help. BDH outshone her as the bitchy young thing though. Imagine having Emma Stone star and two co-stars out-sex her from start to finish. LOL

just wait a bit until the mass commercials for a pure benefit the concentration camps provide to a society will start airing. there are so many miseducated peoples around, it is imperative to find a way to peacefully re-educate them, all the way up to their full extermination.
'no, may never happen here, stupid tinfoil stories'. yep, just you wait.

Back
Top Bottom