• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti-Glock Guy Buys A Glock

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
OK, so maybe not hardcore anti-Glock, but not a fanboy. I've always been a Sig guy, and still am. Aesthetically, I think Glocks are ugly, but in the end, it's a tool, and frankly, who cares? It's not like we're having gun beauty competitions. I guess over the years of being on this board, with every new person showing up, there would be the obligatory "Buy a Glock" comment, at which point, I would stop and think... should I buy a Glock? Well, today was the day I did. I went into work for a few hours this morning, and was done by noon. Wife was still working, so I came home and started cruising around YouTube. Next thing you know, I'm down a Glock rabbit hole. Impulse struck, and next thing I'm digging for my credit card. I stuck with 9mm models, as I already own several firearms chambered in that caliber, and the fact that I have a ton of it squirreled away.

So the big reveal.. what did I get? I wound up ordering a Glock 19 Gen 4. Having it shipped to my FFL. Got it new, for $512 online.

Glock fanboys can show their approval for converting me to the dark side by sending rep points. [wink] JK.

OK, so maybe not hardcore anti-Glock, but not a fanboy. I've always been a Sig guy, and still am. Aesthetically, I think Glocks are ugly, but in the end, it's a tool, and frankly, who cares? It's not like we're having gun beauty competitions. I guess over the years of being on this board, with every new person showing up, there would be the obligatory "Buy a Glock" comment, at which point, I would stop and think... should I buy a Glock? Well, today was the day I did. I went into work for a few hours this morning, and was done by noon. Wife was still working, so I came home and started cruising around YouTube. Next thing you know, I'm down a Glock rabbit hole. Impulse struck, and next thing I'm digging for my credit card. I stuck with 9mm models, as I already own several firearms chambered in that caliber, and the fact that I have a ton of it squirreled away.

So the big reveal.. what did I get? I wound up ordering a Glock 19 Gen 4. Having it shipped to my FFL. Got it new, for $512 online.

Glock fanboys can show their approval for converting me to the dark side by sending rep points. [wink] JK.

Nice purchase, great price!

glock master race checking in.

i had and sold my 26 and my 17, the 19 is juuuuuuuust right.
[laugh2] I also sold my G17 after getting a G19. I kept the 21, 30SF, 34, 35, 41, and 43. I'm looking for an excuse to sell the G35 because I hate .40 but I sunk $400 into it pimping out as a USPSA Limited gun so I'll never recoup my investment

great choice.

next you can upgrade to a G19 gen 3 [smile]

and a G21. for me the G21 in a class of its own.

This sounds all to familiar...Sig fan boy, have yet to buy a glock, but been considering a G19. Interested to hear how you like it[wink]

I had a thread awhile back about being in a store up here, and a few of us get talking carry guns. Next thing you know, the guy I'm having a convo with pulls out his Glock, drops the mag, safety checks it and hands it to me. It was a beat up police trade in, but it really, really, felt good in my hand, and I Hated to admit it.

Get a G34 next.

NYET. G19 is fine.

Nyet.jpg

I had a thread awhile back about being in a store up here, and a few of us get talking carry guns. Next thing you know, the guy I'm having a convo with pulls out his Glock, drops the mag, safety checks it and hands it to me. It was a beat up police trade in, but it really, really, felt good in my hand, and I Hated to admit it.

yup, I read it. I dont have any problem with glocks other than (like you said) i think theyre kinda ugly. A friend of mine has the G43 and Im in love with it[thinking]

Absolutely love my 34.

Factory sights are shit, but that's a quick fix.

Did you change them out? Any experience with the OEM night sights? I was looking at either those of maybe spending a little more and going with the Trijicon for my G19.

Hogwash... skip the 34, and all the other models , you only need 2 glocks, 19, and 21... i could live with those two handguns and be perfectly content.

Did you change them out? Any experience with the OEM night sights? I was looking at either those of maybe spending a little more and going with the Trijicon for my G19.

I need to.

I'm using the gun for USPSA this season, so it's time to change out the awful adjustable rear sight for a good quality fixed rear and fiber optic front.

I use weapon mounted lights on my HD guns so no experience with the factory night sights.

I've used XS on a few carry guns and they're excellent for tritium night sights.

- - - Updated - - -

Hogwash... skip the 34, and all the other models , you only need 2 glocks, 19, and 21... i could live with those two handguns and be perfectly content.

Meh, 19 is more than I like to carry. With the exception of the size hole the bullet makes, everything the 21 does the 34 does better. [grin]

I am in the same boat.. never felt the need for a glock but lately i am finding myself drawn to them more and more. Unfortunately I am in the PRM and cant find glocks for 500ish.

Good luck with your new tool!

Rich

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I am in the PRM and cant find glocks for 500ish.

Look harder.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

That's blasphemous you're supposed to collect them all, except for the shitty ones in .45 GAP. [laugh]

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, 19 is more than I like to carry. With the exception of the size hole the bullet makes, everything the 21 does the 34 does better. [grin]

The G19 is the easiest carrying 9mm with 16 rounds of 9 on deck that exists on this planet.

-Mike

Look harder.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

That's blasphemous you're supposed to collect them all, except for the shitty ones in .45 GAP. [laugh]

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

The G19 is the easiest carrying 9mm with 16 rounds of 9 on deck that exists on this planet.

-Mike
You are correct i have not looked very hard. .. once i have my mind set i will definitely look harder..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I joined the flock recently too. I'd shot glocks before but was "meh" about them. Had a few S&W's but wanted more mag capacity. Picked up a gen4 g19 and I'm honestly impressed. The fact that you can break the whole gun down with one single tool is awesome. So far I like it, with some exceptions: the gen4 grips were pretty rough on my side when carrying. I don't like wearing undershirts, so I put some talon rubber grips on it. Problem solved. The other issue I had was with the trigger, the ribbed G19 trigger shoe was beating up my trigger finger so I got a smooth G17 trigger to replace it. Added a Truglo TFO front sight and a blank rear and it's good to go.

Back
Top Bottom