• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti gun statements by gunshop employees ?????

I wonder if it the same LGS (SE Mass) where the counter employee demanded to see my LTC last week to purchase cartridge gauges and gun socks...
I did mostly because I didn't feel like driving somewhere else or waiting on a mail delivery, but I probably won't be spending any more money there either. I'll find somewhere else local to buy my reloading supplies.
I may or may not have purchased magazines and brass in this state and the response after not producing my LTC may or may not have been:
5a0e7a94-707f-4a6b-b6c2-739878f53933_text.gif

Every time I go to a gun shop I hear bullshit. I don't have a good shop near me in Western Mass. I go back to window shop but there are no deals. If I really need something for the most part it used or online and a lot less drama.

Where In Western MA are you? Nick's in Palmer MA is a great shop.

I would have confronted him and asked if they sell firearms that except magazines with more than 10rd capacity and then told him he is part of the problem and walked out. Then I would call the owner, explain employees' comments and ask him his opinion on hi-cap magazines and gun restrictions.

I would have confronted him and asked if they sell firearms that except magazines with more than 10rd capacity and then told him he is part of the problem and walked out. Then I would call the owner, explain employees' comments and ask him his opinion on hi-cap magazines and gun restrictions.
I would have rolled my eyes and left. I know I'm not changing minds. But I would have outted the shop so everyone else could make a decision. Of course only if I was sure what I heard. Maybe op isn't 100%?

I wonder if it the same LGS (SE Mass) where the counter employee demanded to see my LTC last week to purchase cartridge gauges and gun socks...
I did mostly because I didn't feel like driving somewhere else or waiting on a mail delivery, but I probably won't be spending any more money there either. I'll find somewhere else local to buy my reloading supplies.
We already have one LGS not getting outed here, start your own unsatisfying thread.

We already have one LGS not getting outed here, start your own unsatisfying thread.
I had a similar experience where I was asked for my LTC to buy cleaning patches at a SE Mass gun store. Must be the same shop.

I don’t want to name them, but it rhymes with smillage sports.

Why create this thread if you’re not going to out the shop? I get it you want to bitch. But this isn’t some shitty service issue, or just the sales guy said some super derpy bullshit. Why continue to allow patronage of a shop that thinks we are beneath them.

Also, what shop is closing that people are happy about it shuttering? Kinda curious. I rarely go to shops any more so I’m kinda out of the loop.

We need to stop being such cucks about this shit. The culture isn’t gonna change if we don’t confront it

I had a similar experience where I was asked for my LTC to buy cleaning patches at a SE Mass gun store. Must be the same shop.

I was thinking maybe across the street. What is the point of an LGS rant thread that doesn't say the name of the LGS?

I

I am not going to out the shop ,,, not going down that road. But I will swear on my parents and grandparents grave it was what was said. My sons heard the same shit. As far as speaking to the owner, I have come to the point in my life were I realize you aren't going to change minds in this day and age ,,,, and I don't have enough time left to waste it on assclowns's jackass opinions.

I think there are a shitload of LEO's and their ilk that don't worry about the restrictions placed on the non LE surfs. The same as most politicians don't care ,,,,

As far as why the counter person said this ,,, there is no excuse, fudd or soccer mom or whatever.
Then don't piss & Moan about it. You post this long diatribe about how offended you are, then wuss out about actually calling them out. Grow a spine.

The shop may be dead against what that employee just said. And if they are, they don’t deserve to lose business over it. But I think they need to terminate the employee, if that’s the case. They shouldn’t put someone who is spreading anti-2A BS in their shop like that. And if they’re okay with it, then they should be outed. But first they deserve a say in the matter since it wasn’t them that made the statement and shouldn’t have to have their business ruined (like any other businesss) over what one shit head emoloyee says, without giving the owner an opportunity to address it.
Stop trying to be rational

Well maybe he counter person just believes that most people are a much better shot than most LEO.

Maybe he was inferring that most gun owners can hit what they are aiming at with 10 shots or less, but LEO need more to get on target

This doesn't impact me at all, I left that pit state years ago. I can walk into any shop, buy any damn gun and any capacity mag I want..
But why even post this if the shop is not identified?
Shops get away with this crap because no one will point the shops out.
If you're not going to stand up tall and ID the shop, then just don't post anything, sit down and take what you've grown to accept.
It's what any good sheep will do.

I was thinking maybe across the street. What is the point of an LGS rant thread that doesn't say the name of the LGS?

I've never been into that shop.
I tend to buy supplies for shooting (and reloading) somewhere else...

Maybe the same shop that reported the FB Waffle group because it was cutting into their ammo sales? .
Shit. I don’t think I knew that was a shop that ratted them out. I still would love to know the a**h*** who “reported” Targetsports and did that interview with channel 5 or 7

I am not going "across the street" to ask if they really are ,,, well you know ,,, asshats. It appears I am not the only one looking for a new place to get "supplies". I guess this thread served it's purpose.

I am not going "across the street" to ask if they really are ,,, well you know ,,, asshats. It appears I am not the only one looking for a new place to get "supplies". I guess this thread served it's purpose.
Oh great. More clues.

Is it shooting supply or no? This is getting tedious

That waffle group was bad ass!

Didn’t it cost that one guy his career as a police officer too?
I’m usually not a risk averse guy with gun stuff but I knew from the beginning that waffle stuff wasn’t going to end well for those running them. Of course in any normal free state what they did would have been kosher as far as I know.

The other was a corrections officer who’s now a financial advisor/planner. Didn’t the firefighter guy lose his job?

Back
Top Bottom