• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti-Guns Bills Being Proposed This Week

1654806272244.png

Dear Friend,
I was picking up my two young daughters from the bus stop when I heard about the horrific mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas. My heart sank as I felt what every other parent did – the deep despair knowing that 19 families were experiencing every parent’s worst nightmare.
Uvalde brings the number of school shootings this year alone to 27, and that’s just the shootings that have resulted in injuries or deaths. That means we’re averaging a fatal or near-fatal school shooting every six days.

That’s unacceptable.

I just voted for legislation to prevent another one of these tragedies from happening. Specifically, I voted to ban high-capacity magazines, limit the purchase of assault weapons, stop the creation and sale of ghost guns, and much more. These are commonsense gun safety policies that should’ve been enacted decades ago, and they should just be the start.

I asked if they could imagine getting the call that their child’s school was locked down because of an active shooter. If they could imagine standing helplessly behind a police line as gunshots rang out near their kid’s classroom. Or if they could fathom having to identify the unrecognizable body of their missing baby boy or baby girl by their favorite shoes.

I asked those questions because that’s what parents in Uvalde had to do. That’s their reality, and it’s been reality for 14 families in Parkland, 20 families at Sandy Hook, 12 families in Columbine, and the list goes on.

I voted YES because I don’t want any family in America to ever have to experience that horrific reality again. I wish more of my Republican colleagues had the courage to do the same.

Warm regards,
Lori Trahan Signature
Lori Trahan
Member of Congress
facebook icon twitter icon instagram icon youtube icon

Anyone know this A**HOLE!!!!

He is a “One Armed Paper hanger”. As defined by Kevin D. Williamson:

As a One-Armed Paper-Hanger . . .

There are many dumb genres of American journalism, and it is difficult to say which is truly and finally the dumbest, unless we consider Jonathan Chait’s output a genre unto itself. But, short of taking that drastic step, the “As a One-Armed Paper-Hanger” essay may take the booby prize.

The “As a One-Armed Paper-Hanger” essay is based on a claim of special standing to speak to a particular issue. That special standing is based on an experience, usually traumatic or familial, that is in no way related to actual expertise. “As Someone Who Is Dying of Leukemia, Here Is What I Think About Health-Care Reform,” “As the Mother of a Child Who Died in a Horrifying School Shooting, Here Is What I Think About Gun Control,” “I’m a Very Very Rich Guy Who Supports Higher Taxes on Very Very Rich Guys,” etc.

In fact, having leukemia doesn’t give you any special knowledge about the economics of health-insurance subsidies or insurance regulation, losing a child in a terrible crime does not give you any special insight into crime prevention or Second Amendment jurisprudence, and being a very very rich guy doesn’t make you an expert on anything, necessarily, though a very very large share of very very rich guys seems to think otherwise.

Wowzers. That was stone cold.

To say nothing that must have been deafening inside that kiosk. That looked like a heavy revolver, I'm not a revolver guy, but didn't look like a 38 special.
The shooting took place at a courier shop in Mexico City. Wouldn’t be surprised if the shooter was a cartel member who didn’t appreciate junior interrupting his business. And the shooter was using what looked to me to be a 1911.
shooter.jpg

He spoke at our club.
Vietnamese refugee.
Very well-spoken.
100% pro-2A.

TranLogo300__1__adobespark300-removebg-preview.png
Yeah, I like Tran. I grew up in Lowell when we were getting, what at the time were called "boat people" and a decade before that we were getting South Vietnamese ExPats after our pull out. I really like the folks from a world away. Great culture, great food, hard workers and cute girls...

He'll get my vote...

Yeah, I like Tran. I grew up in Lowell when we were getting, what at the time were called "boat people" and a decade before that we were getting South Vietnamese ExPats after our pull out. I really like the folks from a world away. Great culture, great food, hard workers and cute girls...

He'll get my vote...
And like most direct refugees from communism,
he understands what communism is.

36% of young democrats want a CW 2.0, don't believe me, here is a leftists telling you so

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XH47hafoZkw

They want to watch it on Social Media feeds and Tweet about it, not fight in it.

There are ~37 million registered voters 18-34 years of age, with ~43% Democrat, or 16 million. That 36% is ~6 million who want CW2. Contrast that to the supposed 21 Million right-wind Insurrectionists said to threaten our Democracy.

We’ll drag the out of their homes by their feet, spank them, and send them to bed without their supper. End of CW2.

The shooting took place at a courier shop in Mexico City. Wouldn’t be surprised if the shooter was a cartel member who didn’t appreciate junior interrupting his business. And the shooter was using what looked to me to be a 1911.
View attachment 625219
Dang, that looks completely different from what I 'saw'.

edit: Shooter is probably a cop. From what I remember, pistols are heavily regulated in Mexico, the fact the guy acted the way he did, either cartel or a cop.

A read of Section 301 of
Text - H.R.7910 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Protecting Our Kids Act
is far from encouraging.
It would appear to ban "assembling a functional firearm" altogether and covers every common way making a firearm could be done.

Also, it would be illegal to possess an unserialized firearm 30 months after the law would go into effect.

Thus section 301 in its entirety--when applied to 921(a) of Title 18--appears to effectively ban the building of firearms by non-FFL07s, and any ambiguity in the law probably would not work in our favor, given Biden's ATF pick locks down key moderate support

I'd like to hear what lawyers have to say about this.

A read of Section 301 of
Text - H.R.7910 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Protecting Our Kids Act
is far from encouraging.
It would appear to ban "assembling a functional firearm" altogether and covers every common way making a firearm could be done.

Also, it would be illegal to possess an unserialized firearm 30 months after the law would go into effect.

Thus section 301 in its entirety--when applied to 921(a) of Title 18--appears to effectively ban the building of firearms by non-FFL07s, and any ambiguity in the law probably would not work in our favor, given Biden's ATF pick locks down key moderate support

I'd like to hear what lawyers have to say about this.
I believe I also states only those in the business of manufacturing or importing firearms could apply a serial number to a completed receiver

First observation is the language in there that discusses interstate commerce.....the entire section is on dubious constitutional powers grounds and is almost certainly going to be struck down by courts

Second of all.....even mitt romney wouldnt support it.....its DOA in the senate
Okay, sure…

Back
Top Bottom