• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any baretta 1301 12 guage tactical owners here? Question.

Anyone have the baretta 1301 tactical 12 gauge?

I know the length of pull can be adjusted with the extensions they give you. But can the stock be adjusted for cant or other adjustments? I shoot lefty abd didn't know if there was any adjustment on that with the factory stock?.Or if I used one of the magpul stocks and adapter kits from GG&G to change the stock is there any adjustments with that? Anybody put the GG&G stock kit on the baretta 1301 tactical??......did you go with the magpil, mossberg or remington kit?
Thank you.

I know the length of pull can be adjusted with the extensions they give you. But can the stock be adjusted for cant or other adjustments? I shoot lefty abd didn't know if there was any adjustment on that with the factory stock?.Or if I used one of the magpul stocks and adapter kits from GG&G to change the stock is there any adjustments with that? Anybody put the GG&G stock kit on the baretta 1301 tactical??......did you go with the magpil, mossberg or remington kit?
Thank you.
mine is a competition - but looking at the video below it seems the stock mount is exactly same.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZgLIuBAwKU

when he pulls stock off - at 2.24 mark specifically there is a shim that comes off. position of that shim matters and reversing it 180deg horizontal turns stock from left to right.
there is also a shim in the base of the stock. when you got your shotgun you had spare shims in there to adjust cant and pitch. those shims are recommended to be switch in matching pairs. try to google more for further details.

1648313009813.png

mine is a competition - but looking at the video below it seems the stock mount is exactly same.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZgLIuBAwKU

when he pulls stock off - at 2.24 mark specifically there is a shim that comes off. position of that shim matters and reversing it 180deg horizontal turns stock from left to right.
there is also a shim in the base of the stock. when you got your shotgun you had spare shims in there to adjust cant and pitch. those shims are recommended to be switch in matching pairs. try to google more for further details.

View attachment 595074

Thank you,

When I got the 1301 tactical model it only came with butt pad extensions.....I didnt see any other shims that came with it.....but it sounds like you are saying that shim is already inside the shotgun and just needs to be reversed??

I couldnt find much on my google search on the 1301 tactical in reguards to shims.....mostly on the competition model....but sounds like its the same.

Thank you for your info.

Kevin

Thank you,

When I got the 1301 tactical model it only came with butt pad extensions.....I didnt see any other shims that came with it.....but it sounds like you are saying that shim is already inside the shotgun and just needs to be reversed??

I couldnt find much on my google search on the 1301 tactical in reguards to shims.....mostly on the competition model....but sounds like its the same.

Thank you for your info.

Kevin
there should have been 2 or 3 sets of shims - it is odd. a 45, 55 and 65 pitch, i think. you need to google this, i recall i had to find details on that online as nothing was explained.

you already have 2 shims in there. you need to flip them, i think both - i do not recall details now, i messed with stock on my gun may be an year ago now for a last time. i beleive when you flip it from right to left you need to flip both shims to make stock bend in the opposite way. when you will take it apart - pay attention to positions of shims before they fell out.

i do not think it is the same video - just search more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYYK0lYiJTI

there should have been 2 or 3 sets of shims - it is odd. a 45, 55 and 65 pitch, i think. you need to google this, i recall i had to find details on that online as nothing was explained.

you already have 2 shims in there. you need to flip them, i think both - i do not recall details now, i messed with stock on my gun may be an year ago now for a last time. i beleive when you flip it from right to left you need to flip both shims to make stock bend in the opposite way. when you will take it apart - pay attention to positions of shims before they fell out.

i do not think it is the same video - just search more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYYK0lYiJTI

Thanks Paul. Im getting the new silver pigeon from Cole gun in Maine. They are going to do a free fitting on it. I asked about the 1301 tactical and they said for $100 they will switch the safety around to lefty for me and do the shims and any other adjustments. They are a certified barretta gunsmith, which is hard to find around here. Sounds fair to me while im up there.

Update: I found the factory shim kit for the 1301 tactical on midway usa. Ordered it up and it will be here next week to have them install them

Thanks for your info.

Last edited:

Thank you.
I didn't change the stock on mine but I did put a QD adapter plate for a sling between the receiver and butt stock which meant the shims have to go. Incidentally, I shoot long guns lefty as well and I didn't even know the shims were on there and I had no issue shooting it, I never even knew what cast was before until I bought this shotgun LOL.

Thank you, was it the GG&G sling adapter?I just got one of those, but havent installed it yet. Looks like maybe ill have to come up with another idea for a sling mount so I can keep the shims to adjust them for lefty.

Thank you, was it the GG&G sling adapter?I just got one of those, but havent installed it yet. Looks like maybe ill have to come up with another idea for a sling mount so I can keep the shims to adjust them for lefty.
Drop and cast kit, should work for you.?

I installed a gg&g stock adapter to mount the magpul stock made for mossberg on mine. The magpul stock does come with 4 shims and adjustments are 1.5” increments.

Yes it is, I don't think you need to worry about the shims, you don't see them on Mossberg's or Remington's AFAIK but I'm kinda new to Semi auto shotguns so maybe I'm missing somthing.

Yes it is, I don't think you need to worry about the shims, you don't see them on Mossberg's or Remington's AFAIK but I'm kinda new to Semi auto shotguns so maybe I'm missing somthing.
I just put the Mesa tactical stock on my 1301, no shims either, directions make no mention of them either

Back
Top Bottom