Any Beretta 92/M9 Gurus who know how to ID preban mags?

puška m70

NES Member
I've seen a lot of vague and sometimes contradicting info online, in stores, etc regarding reliably ID-ing the standard 92FS 15-rd steel mags as being pre or post ban. (Besides the 94-04 LEO/govt use only markings)

Does anyone know how anyone could differentiate between a brand new, current production mag and a pre-ban? Besides it being a little scuffed up?

From what I know, the older mags had the round markings at 5, 10, 15 dead center of the rear of the mag. Beyond that there is a ton of grey area. Fairly certain there weren’t prebans greater than 15 though.

From what I know, the older mags had the round markings at 5, 10, 15 dead center of the rear of the mag. Beyond that there is a ton of grey area. Fairly certain there weren’t prebans greater than 15 though.
Yup. I think you are right about there not being much/any pre-94 that were not 15 rounders and OEM beretta.

I remember something about a sharp crease versus a smooth one but that's it. I know all my older 92 mags have metal followers and base plates and many have a plum color to the finish, not that any of that means anything.

Back
Top Bottom