• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any FFL in or near Cambridge MA for out of state transfer?

I am new to Cambridge MA. Any FFLs in the area? Roach's in Somerville closed a few months ago. I have a shotgun to be transferred from out of state, I cant up to Woburn or Quincy anytime soon, looks like those are my closest options.

So if there are any private unadvertised FFLs close to me, please let me know, thx.

Last edited:
I called Law Enforcement in Waltham, their response, "we only do transfers for regular customers", so I guess they dont want any new customers, just old ones.

I called Law Enforcement in Waltham, their response, "we only do transfers for regular customers", so I guess they dont want any new customers, just old ones.

If you're going to go there you have enough time to go to Collectors or FS, really... it's not THAT much further away.

-Mike

I believe that long guns don't have to go through an FFL. You just have to file an FA-10 online.

With that name, what did you expect from them?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that long guns don't have to go through an FFL. You just have to file an FA-10 online.
Why don't you make sure before you state your opinion, just so no one takes you at your word and commits a federal felony?

Anyone know if my seller in TX, an individual, can directly mail the shotgun to the dealer? Or does he have to send it through a dealer in TX? Collector's Gallery said they dont allow individuals to mail them guns directly.

Anyone know if my seller in TX, an individual, can directly mail the shotgun to the dealer? Or does he have to send it through a dealer in TX? Collector's Gallery said they dont allow individuals to mail them guns directly.

He can send it to the FFL up here if the FFL up here allows it. There are some in MA that do and others that don't, but that is not governed by the law.

-Mike

Federal law allows your seller to ship the shotgun directly to the dealer. However, as you have discovered, some FFL's will only accept shipment from another FFL. The solution is to find a different FFL.

- - - Updated - - -

I am 99% certain that all out of state transfers must go from ffl to ffl.

You are wrong.

Individuals can inbound anything TO an FFL, in most states. Some FFLs may or may not accept the shipments- That's not an issue of federal law, however, but "store policy" per the individual FFL.

-Mike

Another vote for Brian. Good price and nice guy.

+1 to B&K although it's no where near Cambridge if you can't even get to Four Seasons. I think it was $25 for out of state transfer - sent a long gun out just a couple weeks ago.

Just get a Zipcar for a couple hours.

There is simply no excuse to get this wrong when the ATF has an easy to find and easy to understand FAQ in their website for all the world to see.

From goal's website

Federal law allows persons to buy rifles and shotguns from a federally licensed dealer in another state, provided all requirements of the buyer’s and seller’s home state are met. Thus, a Massachusetts resident with a Card or License could lawfully purchase rifles and shotguns from gun stores in other states.

However, state law requires that you register that purchase within 7 days of your return to Massachusetts. You would use an FA-10 form, and check off the box on “registration.”

Copies of the FA-10’s are available at many police stations, and through the Firearms Records Bureau at 617-660-4780.

They're dicks, go to Collectors.

That's not fair. Everyone at LEE has been very good to me.

They're just picky about their clientele because they get yahoos in there all the time.

You just need to show up a few times and gain their trust.
Buy some ammunition from them and talk to Walter a few times.

He'll remember your face and will be happy to help you.

Both Collectors and Sportsmanship want the sellers drivers license copy and bill of sale. Why so many hoops to jump thru?

i may call others and find one who won't require such stringent requirements. It's a hassle for the seller.

Both Collectors and Sportsmanship want the sellers drivers license copy and bill of sale. Why so many hoops to jump thru?

i may call others and find one who won't require such stringent requirements. It's a hassle for the seller.

Maybe because BATFE REQUIRES ID info in the FFL's bound book?

Good luck finding someone who'll accept no ID.

Scanning in a DL is no big deal, I'm sure that he could even Email it to the FFL.

I can understand their discretion. They do get a lot of jackasses because of the location. they're right on the edge of one of the "troubled" areas of waltham [wink] and I've seen my fair share of cowadooty kids and naive suburban types. Still not an excuse.

Back
Top Bottom