Any FFL's to get ammo shipped to south of Boston?

All 5 of OP’s posts are for this thread. OP just turned 21. Hope it works out for him but I would not bet any $ on it. If LGS could buy and receive large quantities, they would. They would make far more profit for themselves and their store than they would doing a one time FFL pass through with OP. Just sayin.
Depends on how locked to one vendor the LGS is.

If LGS could buy and receive large quantities, they would. They would make far more profit for themselves and their store than they would doing a one time FFL pass through with OP. Just sayin.
This.
Though there are a couple of online vendors still selling 9 and 5.56 at pre Covid prices but they don’t ship to MA and it literally sells out in seconds.

Great idea, but I cant pass NICS due to stolen identity problems from early 90's or so. pretty sure any ATF licensing would require a check. And yes I did the FBI form they said they dont have my prints on file, yadda yadda, BUT go here and fix this. So never been arrested but youre gonna take my rights away? Nice to see the feds have priorities.
Never had the money to finish the expungement of all the crap. its literally reams of it in several courthouses and I already spent thousands on it. Now chronically underemployed and thats never getting done.

Not 21, no LTC, and no way to pass a background/NICS? I’m pickup what you puttin down homey...
my advice? Find a different hobby until all of the above issues are worked out..

yeah I can still buy via private sale / EFA10 which I do.
Its a weird legal limbo but I dont have much choice in the matter.
Not surprising when you consider the contempt the government has for the 2A in general.

Last edited:
yeah I can still buy via private sale / EFA10 which I do.
Its a weird legal limbo but I dont have much choice in the matter.
Not surprising when you consider the contempt the government has for the 2A in general.
I never heard of or even imagined your situation.

I bet a 2a organization would take up your cause.

If you would not mind becoming a "public" person and create a blog with all your documentation - I think you case would get some traction.

I'm fascinated by your case and the cases of other citizens did or are still trying to get their rights restored.

There was one such case of a woman in DC who documented her ordeal getting a CCW.

Amazon product ASIN 1621571920View: https://www.amazon.com/Emily-Gets-Her-Gun-Obama/dp/1621571920

If you go forward with a blog you will be doxxing yourself and your whole life will be under scrutiny.

All the people who tagged along on gun rights cases will forever have their names on google.

There are a number of posters on NES who have posed problems that took a long time to solve and it makes for interesting reading.

Good Luck.

cops that helped me out assured me it was actually really common. Use someone else's ID and skip bail. so then you rack up default warrants and get a surprise visit from the local PD one morning. Or arrested for a U turn late at night.
Not much you can do besides get them to put a notice on your CORI that you are being used as an alias for someone else. You still have to get booked, bailed and show up to court each time.
Good thing about LTC is if you have an open case youll probably get a call from the BPD about it. When I opened one to do an expungement they called me, they saw it was active from 1995 lol.
Getting the LTC wasnt bad. I just brought a stack of dockets with this guys face on them

Last edited:
This is not totally true. Yes they are a high volume shop but I have personal relationships with several people who work there and Carl too who always greets me by name when I come in. They take care of me as a regular customer in various ways when buying/selling/transferring. It is going to be easier for you to establish a relationship with a smaller shop but if you're a regular, Four Seasons will take good care of you too.
They can't take care of you the way a smaller dealer can. It's just a logistical impossibility. They sell and transfer boring Mass compliant guns because that's all they can do.

They may take care of you with free transfers, ordering guns (pre-covid ofcourse), and ask how your kids are doing in little league, but that's not the same level.

I'm talking about texting your dealer at 3am because you found a deal online from a place that won't ship to Mass, so your dealer places the order for you at 3:04am - even though they sell the same thing for $200 more.

They can't take care of you the way a smaller dealer can. It's just a logistical impossibility. They sell and transfer boring Mass compliant guns because that's all they can do.

They may take care of you with free transfers, ordering guns (pre-covid ofcourse), and ask how your kids are doing in little league, but that's not the same level.

I'm talking about texting your dealer at 3am because you found a deal online from a place that won't ship to Mass, so your dealer places the order for you at 3:04am - even though they sell the same thing for $200 more.

No it is more like the level you are talking about, its not the superficial one you assumed. Though there is never a circumstance I would be texting my dealer at 3am to get me a gun. That's just ridiculous. Nothing is that important.

No it is more like the level you are talking about, its not the superficial one you assumed. Though there is never a circumstance I would be texting my dealer at 3am to get me a gun. That's just ridiculous. Nothing is that important.
My dealer happens to be one of the 3 people that I know is up at 3am, which is quite convenient.

I wasn't trying to imply a superficial relationship. I was suggesting good customer service and a personal relationship.

I'll rephrase.... Four Seasons sells Mass Compliant guns on the approved roster. They only have one FFL. There are limits to what they can do.

That said, if it works for you - great. They obviously have a successful business model and they certainly spread alot of firearms to Mass inmates.

Trying to get some ammo online and looking for a place to get shipped to. Usually Id do four seasons but its a hike for me, Im on the other side of urban hell from them.
Does anyone know of a small FFL to the south of the city that I could use to order or receive ammo?
I hate this freakin state...

Keep an eye on the Classifieds here or ARFCOM EE. Unless it is uncommon, you will find it. Half of the people you ask on ARFCOM will ship to a Mass resident.

cops that helped me out assured me it was actually really common. Use someone else's ID and skip bail. so then you rack up default warrants and get a surprise visit from the local PD one morning. Or arrested for a U turn late at night.
Not much you can do besides get them to put a notice on your CORI that you are being used as an alias for someone else. You still have to get booked, bailed and show up to court each time.
Good thing about LTC is if you have an open case youll probably get a call from the BPD about it. When I opened one to do an expungement they called me, they saw it was active from 1995 lol.
Getting the LTC wasnt bad. I just brought a stack of dockets with this guys face on them
That sucks. Did they ever catch the guy that stole your I.D.?

yeah was some kid that was doing heroin. Did a lot of shoplifting etc to cover the habit apparently and the ID theft was to avoid spending time in jail.
Have learned thru the grapevine that the kid did really well for himself after tho. Had a family and became a preacher. Pretty epic transformation if you ask me.

yeah was some kid that was doing heroin. Did a lot of shoplifting etc to cover the habit apparently and the ID theft was to avoid spending time in jail.
Have learned thru the grapevine that the kid did really well for himself after tho. Had a family and became a preacher. Pretty epic transformation if you ask me.
That’s great news. Love to hear when someone turns their life around like that.

Never tried using it like that, but do many online shops actually take the 03 and ship ammo on it?
No, most shops that will not ship ammo to ma dont care if you have a CR.
C&R does not make you a "dealer" or "MA licensed to sell ammo"

Because some places require an ffl like champion sports, and they accept that in order to ship behind enemy lines. It also helps with reloading components from some places that buy into the threats about shipping. Not to mention the discount a brownells
theres not many for sure.
Have not bought from CS in a few years. Mostly 22lr when i did.

This is a relationship business. Who do you buy your guns and other accessories from? Four Seasons is an impersonal deli counter high volume shop and not about the personal experience. If you build a relationship with a local shop you won’t have to post this question. Especially now in the current environment having a regular dealer you go to is critical. Years of skinflinting online purchases and trips to the deli counter emporium are leaving many people unable to acquire ammo or new firearms.

Firearms will always require a local dealer for the final step in acquisition. Don’t be surprised if Biden takes further actions against online retailers. Build a local relationship before it’s too late.

This is not totally true. Yes they are a high volume shop but I have personal relationships with several people who work there and Carl too who always greets me by name when I come in. They take care of me as a regular customer in various ways when buying/selling/transferring. It is going to be easier for you to establish a relationship with a smaller shop but if you're a regular, Four Seasons will take good care of you too.
Absolutely agree with jpm! Carl as well as a number of other members of his team have always been friendly, cordial and professional. More importantly, before all this craziness, Carl always offered the best prices on rifles and ammo that I purchased there. It certainly helps to be a regular customer wherever you shop and to take the time to get to know people behind the counter. I miss Zero Hour Firearms. It was worth taking a trip down on Saturday mornings just for the conversations!

Back
Top Bottom