• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any good podcasts? Prepping, post apocalypse, fiction etc?

Varmint

NES Member
I drive a lot and just discovered podcasts (yeah I know, i'm old). Does anyone have recommendations?

I was listening to The Deep Vault, a kind of post apocalypse story which seems a takeoff of Fallout. It has cinematic audio, voice actors etc, about 3 hours long. kinda cool.

For preparedness, the best recommendation from me would be The Survival Podcast by Jack Spirko. It's a literal wealth of information with archives back to 2008. He's gotten to be a bit...ornery(?) over the years, but I credit him and his show for saving me from going all Alex Jones in 2012 :)

As for post-apocalyptic fiction on audiobook, there's an excellent thread with recommendations at the top of this forum page. Highlights\recommendations from me are (in no particular order):

The Going Home series
Enemies Foreign and Domestic trilogy - HORRIBLE narrator, but the story is so compelling, I was able to get past it
The Perseid Collapse series - set in New England. And other than the narrator referring to Haverhill as "HAVE ER HILL", it was quite good [smile]
The 299 Days series - I could have done without the last installment, but overall a good "how to" in the early books and a captivating series by the end.

Hope that helps! I'm an audiobook junkie with my daily commute, so I know where you're coming from!

Welcome to Night Vale, S-town, Jocko Podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, Astonishing Legends, Crimetown, Detective, Criminal

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

For just general entertainment check out the Podcasts of the following authors. All three of these guys got me though a stretch of years where I had a long commute.

JC Hutchins: "Seventh Son", Futuristic thriller tale involving clones.
Seth Harwood: "Jack Wakes Up" Very Entertaining crime drama, he has some good sequels as well.
Scott Sigler: He has several SCI-FI books which have been podcast.

Not survival/prepping, but the Adam Corolla Show podcast is pretty good. There's a new one each weekday and it's got a radio morning show format with recurring bits usually followed by an interview and daily news. It's normally about an hour and a half. I've replaced listening to WEEI with it in the mornings.

Back
Top Bottom