Any Mass dealers selling trade-in USPs?

Machines

NES Member
Been seeing ex-police USP40s for $300-350 on Gunbroker the last few months. Anyone know of a Mass dealer who got in on the action? Rather look something over in person than online if I have a choice.

No LGS with a brain is going to touch those, they're in .40. Nobody buys .40's anymore.

That said, I do think for the caliber it's one of the better .40s out there. Pretty hard to wear them out.

-Mike

Been seeing ex-police USP40s for $300-350 on Gunbroker the last few months. Anyone know of a Mass dealer who got in on the action? Rather look something over in person than online if I have a choice.

A down side to the USP 40 is that the proprietary rail will only allow HK's light to be mounted on it no other accessories.

Four Seasons has a HK USP 40 for $499.00, I know it's higher than Gunbroker has but it is Mass... They also have a Sig Sauer SP2022 right now for $399.00 and the rail will take most accessories. I'd prefer the Sig Sauer SP2022 myself...

USP 40&9 are on list, so buy away if it’s a good deal on GB, and don’t forget the shipping and transfer fee😄

The USP slide is ridiculously large. DA trigger requires two fingers and a come-along.

I had two USPc. Sold them and haven’t missed them at all.

The frame to slide fit on a USP is excellent, at least on mine. The sound the gun makes when you rack the sounds just sounds different than any other gun. Its the only .40 I own, because HK built the gun for the .40 round

i had a USP 40 and liked it. sort of kicking myself for selling it. the recoil assembly on the USP full size is clever and works to soften felt recoil. it was the most pleasant .40 pistol i ever owned. the USP series looks huge but dimensions are actually right on par with a G17. i agree with @M1911 that triggers sort of suck although with higher round counts or a quick hammer spring swap that can be remedied.

where the USP now falls way short is price. HK continues to import them rather than build them in GA like the HK45 and P30’s. so im not sure inwould drop an extra $300 for a new USP over a P30. unfortunately P30 supply is also dried up for the time being. word is HK will have them available to us peons again by spring.

My P30 says "Made in Germany" on it. I'm sure HK's pistol pricing is based more on what the market will bear than anything else. When the P30 came out it was a $900 gun, now it's miraculously under $500. USPs keep going up in price despite being a fully matured design that's probably paid for itself many times over, probably because most of its buyers these days are HK enthusiasts who may already own one or a half dozen. Seeing USP threads on HK forums has a lot of "Well let me compare my KE, KD, KK, AA, AE, BA, and BE models side by side."

The USP slide is ridiculously large. DA trigger requires two fingers and a come-along.

I had two USPc. Sold them and haven’t missed them at all.

I'm actually impressed by how good the trigger is. It's much better in both SA and DA than my P30. Now that's a garbage trigger. Mushy and heavy.

Last edited:
I love H&K history and innovations, including usp/mk23 series which I think is the pinnacle of hk, but it’s been downhill after that.

Back
Top Bottom