Any Military exceptions in Mass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my ignorance but I believe you are misinformed about being a Veteran. You need 180 days of active duty service to be a Veteran. No disrespect to your guard service.

Sig won’t transfer shit to MA unless it’s MA compliant, Not even an upper because it has a threaded barrel. I’ve only seen them do a LE exemption.

As far as Glocks go they are illegal in MA and cops get pinched all the time flipping them 🤔🤔🤔🤔
I edited my post, as I said I do not consider myself a Veteran. Never have I asked or taken any "veteran" benefits. I will take advantage of my DD214 when it comes to firearms. :)

The point of the post was to find out if Mass dealers gave this deal to those who hold a DD214.

That's an individual company thing.

I'll jump on Glock blue label or Sig store military pricing all day long as they are giant corps.

I'm never going to ask a tiny shop with razor thin profit margins for a f***ing military discount.

lol

I'm not service connected for hearing loss.

Only 28 and a half years as an artilleryman and managed to ride in enough noisy flying things without ear pro to accumulate 131 logged jumps. Meanwhile documented hearing issues while on active duty.

Nope, not service connected.
The VA is funny with hearing loss. They never give more than 0%..but the service connection gets you the hearing aides if you need them which is the most important part as we get older.

I'll jump on Glock blue label or Sig store military pricing all day long as they are giant corps.

I'm never going to ask a tiny shop with razor thin profit margins for a f***ing military discount.
You still have to go through a dealer. My dealer told me about this.

I edited my post, as I said I do not consider myself a Veteran. Never have I asked or taken any "veteran" benefits. I will take advantage of my DD214 when it comes to firearms. :)
I don’t know how a DD214 gets you past state firearm laws whether you are a veteran or not..

100%

And I’d extend that to never asking for discount, unless the company explicitly makes it known already.

You still have to go through a dealer. My dealer told me about this.

I'm pretty well versed on the Glock Blue Label and LE Distributor program. This is nothing new. They've been doing it for ages.

Sig has less dealers, but they are out there. Easiest to go to the store if convenient.

Yes, we got no patch either. We got a nifty unit citation, lost a trooper, and had another one shot in the head. We got all the special pays plus a combat zone tax exclusion. We shot at people and got shot at in turn.

But no patch. So that Clinton could say he hadn't sent troops to war.
Like Central America in the 1980s.

The liberal Dems in Congress had a case of the vapors thinking Reagan was going to get us into another Vietnam.

So everyone was TDY for training or foreign assistance or whatever they came up with to put on your orders and always for something less than 6 months.

Obviously there was no internet or 24/7 cable news coverage then, so there was little media coverage, but some info was collected over the years:
Central America War | Central America War (1979 – 1992)

The liberal Dems in Congress had a case of the vapors thinking Reagan was going to get us into another Vietnam.

So everyone was TDY for training or foreign assistance or whatever they came up with to put on your orders and always for something less than 6 months.

Obviously there was no internet or 24/7 cable news coverage then, so there was little media coverage, but some info was collected over the years:
Always interesting with people getting Purple Hearts, yet no combat patch.

I got called up for active duty in the Air Guard when the alert jets scrambled and I had to debrief the pilots. I was at work for five hours. I received a DD214 for this.

According to the OP, I would qualify as a veteran because of this but not meet the federal definition.

Is that how I’m reading this?

Lots of Guardsmen have DD214s for 1-179 days.

I got called up for active duty in the Air Guard when the alert jets scrambled and I had to debrief the pilots. I was at work for five hours. I received a DD214 for this.

According to the OP, I would qualify as a veteran because of this but not meet the federal definition.

Is that how I’m reading this?

Lots of Guardsmen have DD214s for 1-179 days.
NO, I did not say a DD214 makes you a veteran, I edited my post. As I said, I am not a veteran, but here in Maine my DD214 gets me perks like a veteran.

high quality GIF

It seems Maine has a bunch of VINO’s running around!
VETERAN In Name Only😂😂

If by State statute Maine says a DD214 = Veteran that’s cool but you in no way are a Veteran for benefits purposes.

So my question is: There are a lot of state benefits that come along with being a Veteran. And every State is different. Add to that if you are service connected the more benefits there are for the higher percentage you are rated. So, does Maine give VINO’s free state tuition for example? Or does Maine give out a property tax break for VINO’s?

I’m guessing no.

The VA is funny with hearing loss. They never give more than 0%..but the service connection gets you the hearing aides if you need them which is the most important part as we get older.
I'm in that same camp. Got 10% for tinnitus.....service connected 0% for hearing loss 😂

With the passage of the PACT act I was rated 30% for athsma and didn't have to even file. I was diagnosed by the va with athsma about 5 years ago and after pact was passed all of a sudden I got a decision letter stating 30 percent for athsma and they added that to my rating.

The va isn't all bad......I'd say I get pretty decent medical care using the va.

The same way it's possible to have O% VA disability. I worked with an idiot NG scammer who told me with a straight face, he had a 0% VA disability for flat feet and hemorrhoids.
You can have a 0% disability and 0% compensation rating from VA. My service connected illnesses are rated 0%/0% with care and medications provided by VA. I have reapplied for an upgrade because of the PACT Act now including some of those illnesses as presumptive from toxic exposure.

I'm in that same camp. Got 10% for tinnitus.....service connected 0% for hearing loss 😂

With the passage of the PACT act I was rated 30% for athsma and didn't have to even file. I was diagnosed by the va with athsma about 5 years ago and after pact was passed all of a sudden I got a decision letter stating 30 percent for athsma and they added that to my rating.

The va isn't all bad......I'd say I get pretty decent medical care using the va.
Me too😂. 10% for tinnitus and 0 for hearing loss. Didn’t even file for hearing loss😂

Isn’t funny how the VA gifts a rating that comes with 0% compensation but deny your claim for missing a limb because they say you are not disabled….even after you show up to the C&P with a prosthetic🙄🙄

All the LODD during training in the 80’s while on TDY orders in South and Central America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom