Any Norinco AK experience?

I actually think it looks pretty good and like I said if you're not ever planning on selling it it's kind of like go balls-to-the-wall do what you want with your own gun.....

Enjoy it. I hope it's as versatile as you expect it'll be; it'll sure run.

I'd be interested in how well the red dot holds zero over time, if you don't mind reporting back someday

I'd be interested in how well the red dot holds zero over time, if you don't mind reporting back someday
I was apprehensive about the Ultimak rail, but I saw that Rifle Dynamics uses them, and they're considered by many to be the best AKs on the market. There's also a lot of really good reviews on them.
Interestingly, its shorter than a standard AK gas tube and they insist that it rest between the gas block and the front trunniun, but not touching either side. Apparently this way the expansion and contraction with the heat won't change the zero if butting against other parts.

Its a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro on a Leupold cross-bolt mount. We'll see how it goes.

The stock still folds under and locks, right? Just curious how compatible it is with that handguard thing.

I was apprehensive about the Ultimak rail, but I saw that Rifle Dynamics uses them, and they're considered by many to be the best AKs on the market. There's also a lot of really good reviews on them.
Interestingly, its shorter than a standard AK gas tube and they insist that it rest between the gas block and the front trunniun, but not touching either side. Apparently this way the expansion and contraction with the heat won't change the zero if butting against other parts.

Its a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro on a Leupold cross-bolt mount. We'll see how it goes.
I had a friend do a similar build on a fixed stock Mac 90, he likes it so far so hopefully yours works out too.

For what I use mine for I have no use for a red dot, but if I can get my hands on some cheap aks in another state someday I'd play around with some builds

Gun is done.

And for those AK purists out there about to stroke out...

Good.
whats that thing blocking the rear sight.
that sling cant be helping any...i kid

now we need a range report ,

Last edited:
My worthless opinion: It looks sweet. I own a MAK90 with original chicom wood and I prefer to keep it that way, but if I ever build an AKM I think I'd do something like that just for the tacticool factor. Good job.

you get rhe rifle you want and increase the price of ours that are kept original, I say it's a win win

Don’t worry what the gun looks like. It’s about functioning in a manner that you want. It’s just a tool, and you should make it work for the situation that you think you’ll be using it in. Who cares if it isn’t going to be worth anything later on. Will a few hundred bucks in value be worth your ass if it doesn’t fit your need? I knew a guy that never kept his rifle clean, even after we all warned him. If I could discribe his face when his rifle failed you’d get what I’m saying

Back
Top Bottom