• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any of these Marlins a good buy?

The Mod 39 is probably a nice gun and 22’s are fun plinkers.

1930’s manufacture date so it’s long before the sellout to Remington.

Octagon barrel is nice.

Any idea what the condition of these guns are? I’m assuming it’s an estate sale of sorts. I have no idea what the pricing should be.

The Mod 39 is probably a nice gun and 22’s are fun plinkers.

1930’s manufacture date so it’s long before the sellout to Remington.

Octagon barrel is nice.

Any idea what the condition of these guns are? I’m assuming it’s an estate sale of sorts. I have no idea what the pricing should be.
I don’t, it’s a gun club member. He offered to show any gun, it’s his dads guns. It’s an estate sale. I think the octagon barrel would be cool.

Well I sold my last 25-06 ammo about 6 months ago and I am a lefty otherwise I that Browning bolt would have been something to look at.

The S&W 457 for $300 seems like too good a deal to pass up. ( it would be for me)

Last edited:
Well I sold my last 25-06 ammo about 6 months ago and I am a lefty otherwise I that Browning bolt would have been something to look at.

The S&W 457 for $300 seems like too good a deal to pass up. ( it would be for me)
When he sent me the list, he said the S&W was the only gun that was sold!

I bought the Winchester Model 12 to do a slam fire SBS. I kind of want a Marlin .22 just not sure if they are overpriced. Halp!

View attachment 720195

That 1897 Cowboy is a really nice gun and, if it is in good shape, $900 is a great price. I would snap that up in a second millisecond. If you're looking for a Marlin 22, buy that asap(!!!) if it is in good condition.

I see several decent deals on this list, depending on condition of course.
The Winchester 97 is a slam-fire capable 12 ga.
Myself, I'd love to have the Colt Woodsman Sport, the Safari Arms Matchmaster.45 and the Norinco 1911.

Back
Top Bottom