Any recent Approved 1 for MA residents?

So what's the consensus on engraving, if there is one? Only necessary before a transfer, if it's ever going to be transferred, or does it need to be done for all SBRs? Mine are in my name, not a trust.
It NEEDS to be engraved with the makers info...…. Barrel or receiver.

So what's the consensus on engraving, if there is one? Only necessary before a transfer, if it's ever going to be transferred, or does it need to be done for all SBRs? Mine are in my name, not a trust.

All NFA items must be engraved. Even if it’s never transferred. Find an engraver familiar with NFA as there are specs for font size and depth.

And this:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ruling/2013-3-adopting-identification-firearms/download

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) authorizes licensed manufacturers and licensed importers of firearms, and makers of National Firearms Act (NFA) firearms, to adopt the serial number, caliber/gauge, and/or model already identified on a firearm without seeking a marking variance, provided all of the conditions in this ruling are met. Licensed manufacturers seeking to adopt all of the required markings, including the original manufacturer’s name and place of origin, must receive an approved variance from ATF. ATF Ruling 75-28 is superseded, and ATF Industry Circular 77-20 is clarified.

Do it.

I had Nitor do my sbr last week. Engraved under the trigger guard. Fast and inexpensive. Did it while I waited.

So ive been out of the NFA loop for atleast 3 years. What steps do i need to take to get another lower approved? I have a trust already, do i need fingerprints now? Any 411 is appreciated, im not aware of any changes in the laws and requirements.

Efile has been moving quickly but all responsible persons in the trust needs prints now.

Last edited:
Is the govt shutdown going to effect approvals to form 1’s. Submitted eform 12/28

Yes no form 1's are being processed at this time.

No ATF forms will be approved during the shut down except form 5's but slowly and if the short staff that is working has time they are then doing some form 3's

But there are no other forms being done at this time with the shut down.

So all thats going to happen is a longer wait time for any one putting in a form right now because when the government opens up in full capacity again they will have to do all the previously submitted forms.

Back
Top Bottom