Any thoughts on this devise

I don't see the point. If I'm out in the wilderness why carry a tablet. A GPS sure....but a tablet? I'm sure it will sell....llbean sells camping wineglasses and lots of other yuppie targeted items. It still needs power it can fail. Learn to use a compass and you will always be able to get around. Just my opinion.

I don't see the point. If I'm out in the wilderness why carry a tablet. A GPS sure....but a tablet? I'm sure it will sell....llbean sells camping wineglasses and lots of other yuppie targeted items. It still needs power it can fail. Learn to use a compass and you will always be able to get around. Just my opinion.

I was more interested in the GPS feature. Also I have a solar battery charge or my devises that use batteries. Just wanted to ask if folks had seen a unit with multi features.

I've got to say it seems impressive for something not old school. Solar powered and dirt and water proof? Here's hoping the performance matches the claims if you opt to buy it.

What would a comparable GPS run? I know this has a lot of extra features a GPS can't do, but leaving those out what would one cost?

I agree that as a gadget it seems kind of cool. It seems to have an awful lot of 'receiver' type technology for a single device (am/fm/sw/wifi/gps/walkie talkie), which I haven't seen before in one unit.

This is about the fifth thing I have seen recently where the 'inventor' is asking for cash up front to develop a product with the hope of someday actually getting one. I would steer clear of a deal like that, and maybe buy it once it actually exists.

All that being said, this is probably not something I would buy.

I think I'd rather invest in it than buy it. Not really my cup of tea but lots of people will buy it to walk up a trail of Mt Wachusett and the like.

A good friend of mine from Prescott Arizona sent me this link. He does a great seal of hunting and hiking in the mountains near Prescott. Any thoughts?

Earl - Backcountry Survival Tablet

I have thoughts. I like it.

I think for an all in one package of radio, weather sensors, GPS and a tablet it's a pretty cool item. Even without a GPS signal you have a complete US TOPO map in one package, just add compass.

Back
Top Bottom