Any TOPS knife Owners here?

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
Got my eye out on the TOPS Wild Pig Hunter. Anyone own one? Reviews?

jaa_4615-edit_large_large_.jpg

Wild_Pig_Hunter_3.png

wphc4_medium_.jpg

Specifications:
  • Blade Length: 7.5 Inches
  • Overall length: 13 Inches
  • Blade Thickness: .25 Inches
  • Knife Weight: 14.2 Ounces
  • Blade Steel: 1095 High Carbon Steel
  • Sheath: Reddish/Brown Leather

Last edited:
The only TOPS item I own (so far) is their machete .223 (the full size one). Very well made, thick, strong and should last a lifetime.

If I had the money I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase TOPS knives, and that one’s a beauty Matt.

I have a Buck/TOPS CSAR-T fixed... it’s the type of knife you cut up soda cans with and it doesn’t care. I bought it on a lark, only Buck I own. Handle is super grippy... Came with a cool sheath, too....

Thanks guys! I knew you would steer me right.
~Matt

On order. I'll let you know what I think when I get it. [smile]

:emoji_christmas_tree:

I received my TOPS Wild Pig Hunter today. It is more knife than I imagined. It is also the most lethal looking/feeling blade I own. (and I own a few)
It feels like pure evil in the hand. Balance is exceptional, weight is heavy but well dispersed along the axis. The grip is also unlike anything I've ever held.
Blade sharpness is a strong 8 out of 10. Blade and micarta handle finish is a 9. The leather sheath is also exceptional in color and finish and will, with proper maintenance,
give years of service. The blade though, is what first takes your eye and refuses to release it. It feels as strong as a WWI bayonet but with a spear-point tip that could penetrate
almost anything derived of flesh and bone. If you get a chance to handle one, make sure you have the ducats to take it home with you. You will have no choice...
~Matt

I have a WP Hunter that I picked up as a birthday present for a close friend. It feels tremendous in your hand, but I don't have any experience with it in the field. I picked it up for relatively short money from BladeHQ, so I may end up breaking down and getting another one for myself.

BladeHQ's price is very good at just under $150 with free shipping.

I love TOPS knives. I have a decent collection of different manufacturers, and I got a Stryker Defender Tool a couple years back based solely on how cool it looked. Turns out it’d probably be my go-to if I had to trust ONE knife to take to the woods for any extended period of time... that or my Esee. Tops makes quality stuff, for sure.

Attachments

• 57C4E6F6-4673-494D-B293-43BCA1FD0ADB.jpeg
    57C4E6F6-4673-494D-B293-43BCA1FD0ADB.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom