Any upcoming RO courses nearby?

eboos

NES Member
I did the course but never took the exam back in 2018. Now I am a member of a club and am trying to drive them into being more active in competition. Is there any upcoming RO courses?

I'm not sure what you consider nearby, but I believe Pioneer Sportsman Club is planning one in the spring. This is for USPSA.

Watch Mansfield Fish and Game calendar - Rick Sitte usually runs an RSO class during the year.

There is this one from the NRA website:
NRA Basic Range Safety Officer Course3/11/2023 7:00:00 AMSaturday, March 11, 2023 6:00 PMSaturday, March 11, 2023$0.00$0.00Westwood Gun Club
25 Trailside Rd
MEDFIELD, MA 02052
US

Last edited:
There is a list of upcoming seminars here USPSA Open Seminars Listing - USPSA.ORG

Steve Brown of BUAS was talking about hosting one in Malden soon. It hasn't been scheduled yet, and I don't know far ahead NROI needs to schedule these, so that may be well into next year if it does happen there.
I did the course but never took the exam back in 2018. Now I am a member of a club and am trying to drive them into being more active in competition. Is there any upcoming RO courses?
Is the club currently USPSA affiliated?

Not sure if this will be accepted or not — depends on your purpose for wanting it I suppose…

Included in the listing from @SJan's link:
1671820184900.png

That's my local club. Pay for the course, get three free matches at 17South and at CAPS, (Brunswick, GA).

Take a break from the winter, come on down...

There is a list of upcoming seminars here USPSA Open Seminars Listing - USPSA.ORG

Steve Brown of BUAS was talking about hosting one in Malden soon. It hasn't been scheduled yet, and I don't know far ahead NROI needs to schedule these, so that may be well into next year if it does happen there.

Is the club currently USPSA affiliated?
Yes. Pomfret R&G. Just started running Steel Challenge matches this year. Want them to start running special classifier matches (not enough bays to do much beyond that).

I think you need a minimum of 45 days from your proposed date to set up a NROI course along with a 20 person minimum (or at least the fee to cover).

Yes. Pomfret R&G. Just started running Steel Challenge matches this year. Want them to start running special classifier matches (not enough bays to do much beyond that).

I think you need a minimum of 45 days from your proposed date to set up a NROI course along with a 20 person minimum (or at least the fee to cover).
squirrel set up the pomfret steel challenge program last year. Really well organized. Their major limitation is that there are only two ranges to set the stages on - so squad size is limited and fills up fast.

tim runs sc matches over at MRAGC - there’s a fair bit of overlap of participants.

Watch Mansfield Fish and Game calendar - Rick Sitte usually runs an RSO class during the year.

There is this one from the NRA website:
NRA Basic Range Safety Officer Course3/11/2023 7:00:00 AMSaturday, March 11, 2023 6:00 PMSaturday, March 11, 2023$0.00$0.00Westwood Gun Club
25 Trailside Rd
MEDFIELD, MA 02052
US
Comments (if any):
This course is reserved for Westwood Gun Club members only.

We'll be having an IDPA SO course at WSA on June 24, 2023. Signup not open yet as it won't be official until I get the date approved at the BOD meeting this coming Thursday.

We'll be having an IDPA SO course at WSA on June 24, 2023. Signup not open yet as it won't be official until I get the date approved at the BOD meeting this coming Thursday.

Date has been approved. I have been in contact with the SOI (Safety Officer Instructor). He will be handling registration. As soon as I get the details I will post them.

Back
Top Bottom