• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any way to know what handguns are approved in Mass

The AG's office has never put out a written list of what's good and what is not. That is so they can change their minds at any time as far as handguns. With long guns they had no problem listing what is okay and then they went even further a couple of years ago as you know.
The AGs office never put out a long gun list. The GCAB (gun control advisory board) published a list of what is high cap.

The AGs position is "We do not offer legal advice but will prosecute if we feel you are in violation; hire a private attorney to advise you".

Last edited:
Youve obviously answered your own questions.

Well the real answer is obviously that no one knows but it approximates to "on the list, not a glock...unless the FFL or AG says so." I was wondering if there was any further data, clearly not. I don't understand the hostility.

Well the real answer is obviously that no one knows but it approximates to "on the list, not a glock...unless the FFL or AG says so." I was wondering if there was any further data, clearly not. I don't understand the hostility.
Don’t get too vexed by the chiding freepster. This is an open internet forum so any and all answers to your question will be somewhat vague to those who haven’t been through this horse and pony show before.

It's because this same question, or a variation thereof, gets asked on this forum approximately forty times a week. People who visit here a lot (i.e., more than 68 posts over 14 years) get thoroughly sick of seeing it time and time again.

Good luck in your quest. Incidentally, what is it you're trying to find? When I was in your boat, an 03 FFL solved my problem.

It's because this same question, or a variation thereof, gets asked on this forum approximately forty times a week. People who visit here a lot (i.e., more than 68 posts over 14 years) get thoroughly sick of seeing it time and time again.

Good luck in your quest. Incidentally, what is it you're trying to find? When I was in your boat, an 03 FFL solved my problem.

Just to add to this, when someone creates or replies to a thread, the forum lists similar threads:

1589643288909.png

There's very little reason to be creating these threads over and over and over, but people literally don't look down.

Just to add to this, when someone creates or replies to a thread, the forum lists similar threads:

View attachment 357603

There's very little reason to be creating these threads over and over and over, but people literally don't look down.
I think that a newbe will sometimes start a thread to draw answers just for the hell of it. Jack.

Thanks for answering honestly. Obviously I know about the list, obviously I know that this list isn't the end-all answer to this question. Obviously I can call an FFL...but they have lead me astray before and give varying answers. I was wondering if there was another document floating around. Obviously this isn't the case. I didn't expect this much purse-swinging.

You mean like the extra super triple secret list? You need to know the secret handshake to get the ffls to show it to you it's in hard copy only. 🤣

You need to call some ffls and see if they will transfer what you want. You've been told that by a few people now. It's not a crime to ask and the ffls don't bite. Just ask.

Last edited:

There is no hostility. Apperently youve tried everything to get this rare pistol and have still come up short, then what other options are there other than stealing one ?

In the 80’s when I was in jr high I had a subscription to Shotgun News and I was constantly making lists of all the guns I would buy when I was older and had cash. I knew nothing about guns, just shopped by what I thought looked cool. I had lots of Llamas on my list. So there’s that list too....

This pussy has a 10 speed automatic... try to out-shift it... 😉
the 10 speed automatic in a current generation Mustang gets the car down the track faster than a 6 speed stick behind the same engine

When the licensing agreement for the Bullitt name on the 19/20 model year Mustang expires, rumor has it the car will continue on with the same power plant ( intake/throttle body parts from the GT350 among other things) under the resurrected MACH 1 nameplate, but the Mach 1 has always been offered with an Automatic transmission option... the 10 speed is rated for almost 600 ft/lbs of torque

PS muscle cars have TWO doors not four

good thing this isn't a car or motorcycle forum,

what is the best oil?

what is the best filter?

I think Fram filters are the best....

those are the daily newbie questions on those forums

I think Fram filters are the best...
Constructive possession; because Massachusetts.

I think Fram filters are the best...
Constructive possession; because Massachusetts.

Does that also apply to the "new" style no metal case filters ( that were used on many cars up til the late 60's) or just 3/4-16 threaded filters?

The AGs office never put out a long gun list. The GCAB (gun control advisory board) published a list of what is high cap.

The AGs position is "We do not offer legal advice but will prosecute if we weel you are in violation; hire a private attorney to advise you".

Legal advice, that's funny. If I asked for the speed limit on a road would they say we don't give out legal advice, but if you speed we will ticket you.

the 10 speed automatic in a current generation Mustang gets the car down the track faster than a 6 speed stick behind the same engine

When the licensing agreement for the Bullitt name on the 19/20 model year Mustang expires, rumor has it the car will continue on with the same power plant ( intake/throttle body parts from the GT350 among other things) under the resurrected MACH 1 nameplate, but the Mach 1 has always been offered with an Automatic transmission option... the 10 speed is rated for almost 600 ft/lbs of torque

PS muscle cars have TWO doors not four
Trying to insult me? 60.JPG

Back
Top Bottom