• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody hear of "RACES"?

Anybody hear of "RACES" or belong to this group?

some plans & procedures:

Last edited:
I remember a group of whackers on the CB called “react” that were supposed to monitor channel 9 for emergencies but were never there.

Too busy lurking on the popular channels to yell at people for cursing or snitch on guys for any illegal activity

They used to do a lot of stuff during natural disasters. I don't know how active they are these days. There are also hams affiliated with the Red Cross. They work with the Red Cross during the Boston Marathon and Half Marathon. Or at least used to.

They used to do a lot of stuff during natural disasters. I don't know how active they are these days. There are also hams affiliated with the Red Cross. They work with the Red Cross during the Boston Marathon and Half Marathon. Or at least used to.
There is an ARES net for disaster preparedness on Sunday mornings at 9:15 AM on 97 Worcester. It's just mainly a check in net. Not much goes on when there isn't an emergency. RACES is similar.

Back
Top Bottom