• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

anybody reloading the 350 legend?

I bought a 350 Legend upper for my AR, shoots great. I bought RCBS dies and taper crimp die for the 350 Legend. the bullets listed for the Legend is .357 dia. Winchester hasn't started to sell them yet, wondering if anybody reloading this cartridge. I'm leaning on 357 dia. pistol bullets.

Speer makes a 180g Silhouette bullet #4229, if you can find some.
Wouldn't .35 Remington bullets work? They tend to be sized at .358" though. Run them through a .357" diameter sizer, if necessary.

Is the cartridge accurate?

When I first heard about it, I thought it seemed cool, but everything I've read says it doesn't do anything particularly well.

When I first heard about it, I thought it seemed cool, but everything I've read says it doesn't do anything particularly well.
Seems like eagle eye shooting is having luck with it. Some pretty good accuracy considering it's not some high BC rifle round.
The biggest issue was the way out of spec factory ammo that was released in the beginning. He documents all of the issues.

If it's straight walled, wouldn't that make it easier to reload? Or do the cases still have to be prepped the same way you'd do typical autoloading rifle brass that stretches, etc?

-Mike

I'll buy one as soon as S&W makes a moon-clipped X-frame in it.

I bet you could chamber a BFR in that no problem. Now that would be cool.

If it's straight walled, wouldn't that make it easier to reload? Or do the cases still have to be prepped the same way you'd do typical autoloading rifle brass that stretches, etc?

-Mike

Due to a very slight taper you can't use a carbide die. So yeah prepare like regular bottlenecked brass. I think I might buy a cheap upper to play with next time I see one on sale. I think I would just about stop shooting blackout if this cartridge works out the way I think it will.

Anyone have any updates? I just scored a barrel pretty cheap and my friends hooked me up with components for my birthday.
I know one thing, I'm going to be using CFE BLK for powder. Almost have the pressure of H110 and LilGun for the same velocity. I'm planning on trying some 130 RN and some 170 RNFP if I can get them to run right. The 170 RNFP would be awesome if it will run. 1800-2000 FPS. That should be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom