Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

Mine light striked 2 times yesterday at mini walls so I have to figure out WTF is going on, very strange, considering I've not even touched the springs yet and poured like 600 rounds through the gun at the range before this no problem... and it decided that it wanted to not go bang at the FIRST competition I brought it to. After the 2nd stage I sidelined it and switched to my Shadow SCT (1) which ran fine the rest of the day. I am wondering if there is maybe a piece of debris floating around in the firing pin channel which is jamming the pin up or something- because when I say light strike, I mean you can barely see the dot on the primer. I didn't have the presence of mind to try hitting it again, because my conditioning to just jack out the bad round is too great, lol.

Worst part it is very intermittent. I think I had one stop, did another stage fine no problem, but then the 3rd one it stopped again, etc. (in mini walls you dump 3-4 10rnd mags a stage easy).

-Mike

The Shadow 2 and all my new gear ran perfectly at the match today. Me? Not so much. :p
My S2 ran well for the most part today except for a few times it went full auto. I think it’s me. Going from a 3.5# SAO 1911 for IDPA to a 5.5# DA/ 2.5# SA Shadow 2 for USPSA has me riding the trigger?? I don’t know. I somehow didn’t get DQ’d, probably because all of my shots were on target. It happened on the first shot.

Last time it happened was at Mystic Valley in April - occurred on the 4th shot.

Needless to say I’m calling Cajun gun works tomorrow....

Mine light striked 2 times yesterday at mini walls so I have to figure out WTF is going on, very strange, considering I've not even touched the springs yet and poured like 600 rounds through the gun at the range before this no problem... and it decided that it wanted to not go bang at the FIRST competition I brought it to. After the 2nd stage I sidelined it and switched to my Shadow SCT (1) which ran fine the rest of the day. I am wondering if there is maybe a piece of debris floating around in the firing pin channel which is jamming the pin up or something- because when I say light strike, I mean you can barely see the dot on the primer. I didn't have the presence of mind to try hitting it again, because my conditioning to just jack out the bad round is too great, lol.

Worst part it is very intermittent. I think I had one stop, did another stage fine no problem, but then the 3rd one it stopped again, etc. (in mini walls you dump 3-4 10rnd mags a stage easy).

-Mike

Hmm. Reloads? High primer?

Hmm. Reloads? High primer?

Nope, no reloads, WWB commercial... and if I took a pic of one of the rounds that didn't go off, the indent is so small you can barely see it. It's almost like something was blocking the firing pin....

-Mike

Nope, no reloads, WWB commercial... and if I took a pic of one of the rounds that didn't go off, the indent is so small you can barely see it. It's almost like something was blocking the firing pin....

-Mike

Have you compared those light primer strikes to the primer marks on your fired casings?

My S2 ran well for the most part today except for a few times it went full auto. I think it’s me. Going from a 3.5# SAO 1911 for IDPA to a 5.5# DA/ 2.5# SA Shadow 2 for USPSA has me riding the trigger?? I don’t know. I somehow didn’t get DQ’d, probably because all of my shots were on target. It happened on the first shot.

Last time it happened was at Mystic Valley in April - occurred on the 4th shot.

Needless to say I’m calling Cajun gun works tomorrow....

Spoke to Scott at Cajun earlier this morning and he said it's the overtravel screw. Told me to back it out a 1/4 turn or so then loctite it. No idea why I didn't think of this.

. I am wondering if there is maybe a piece of debris floating around in the firing pin channel which is jamming the pin up or something- because when I say light strike, I mean you can barely see the dot on the primer. I didn't have the presence of mind to try hitting it again, because my conditioning to just jack out the bad round is too great, lol.

-Mike

Just couple thought, since I don't have a CZ, these are just guesses
Will the hammer drop when the slide is slightly out of battery? The hammer might just be hitting the firing pin, but only enough to make a small mark on the primer. Another thought is the hammer is following the slide and just enough force kiss the primer, but you probably would feel the difference in the trigger.

Used my P01 Omega for a class, man I love that thing. Shoots really naturally, and seems more controllable than my Sig P226. Meaning if I shoot more quickly the shots don't go all over the place.

This isn't a "mass AG thing" it's a buyer market/intelligence/effort thing. Not any different than someone who walks into a car dealership and just pays sticker price. I'm not a master negotiator (I'm pretty shitty at it actually... but I'm not completely meek, either. ) but in at least two cases I've bought guns here that were listed at a shit price for far more reasonable prices. In one case I got a price reduced by $300 because I wasn't a dick to the seller, I was very patient (there were some tire kickers in line in front of me) and made it EASY to do business with me. it's about developing a little intel on the product, where it comes from, what someones time is worth, and making reasonable offers without being a dick while not acting like a 5 year old begging for candy. There's also a HUSTLE factor - Protip: Sellers really like it when you're serious about buying something and are informed. Tire kickers get punished and abused and a seller is generally loathe to negotiate with a tire kicker and 3 or 4 PMs in the seller is already starting to get nauseous.

Actually here's an analogy..... bear with me...

tumblr_m71dftVJjB1roogalo1_500.jpg

This is Caillou. Nobody likes him. Because he's a whiner. a professional grade whiner. Downtrodden MA gun consumers, most "mass victims" are just like Caillou. They are insufferable.

They whine at the slightest provocation or inconvenience. They sit around and cry about their lot in life as a downtrodden MA gun owner, whining about handgun compliance, whining about the AG. They act like the AG walked up to them, punched them in the face and stole their lunch money when they were 5. They lack patience and anything resembling tenacity. They only shop at 4 seasons and can't be bothered to check out a METRIC TON of other MA gun shops or converse with smaller FFLs even within MA. (yet like 50% of the crying towel crew won't donate to GOAL, Comm2A, etc or even be bothered to participate in any kind of pro rkba activism, being afraid of their own shadow, afraid of talking to people in public, at gun clubs, or at shooting sports events. Afraid of old school ways of doing business. They whine continuously yet they are afraid of doing something like moving or doing something else about whatever their problem is, or working around it.

I mean isn't this the same stuff we bitch about on NES all the time as being pervasive in our society? The victim, snowflake, etc mentality.

MA Gun owners need to be and act less like Caillou and more like these guys, like Tom Brady, Jon Gruden, or something. You know if any of these guys sucked at something they probably did something to get better.

They gotta be... QUICK!!!!! PLIABLE!!!!

Or like Jerry:

hqdefault.jpg

Does anyone here ever think that at one point in his life Jerry went around and moped and whined a lot about how he performed? Probably not. He went back to the range. Maybe sought out, and learned alongside people that he knew were better than him, etc.

OR more like:

JOHN CENA

(audio warning loud)

or maybe like Alonzo:

and less like:

Caillou sucks. Nobody should be like Caillou. Not even if they live in New Jersey or something. Particularly over something that's just not that
dramatic.

-Mike

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Used my P01 Omega for a class, man I love that thing. Shoots really naturally, and seems more controllable than my Sig P226. Meaning if I shoot more quickly the shots don't go all over the place.

Just swapped my modded CZ Compact for a P01 Omega the other day. Haven't even shot it yet but definitely looking forward to it.

Just an update, after buying and shooting the Shadow 2, I'm a total CZ fan. Went and got a few others including a Tactical Sport Orange. Shot my SP-01 for the first time at an IDPA last Sat. and I may now retire my G17. Also Got a Shadowline Compact.

Now all but the TSO are DA/SA and I'm NOT a fan of DA/SA. I'm still not. But, a few spring tweaks later and I will deal with it. These guns are great.

I do need to mod My SP-01 a bit more (Dawson sights, lifter spring, LOK grips, IDPA legal hammer, swap the 13# for the 11.5# hammer spring).

If you are on the fence, jump in, the water is warm!

Just an update, after buying and shooting the Shadow 2, I'm a total CZ fan. Went and got a few others including a Tactical Sport Orange. Shot my SP-01 for the first time at an IDPA last Sat. and I may now retire my G17. Also Got a Shadowline Compact.

Now all but the TSO are DA/SA and I'm NOT a fan of DA/SA. I'm still not. But, a few spring tweaks later and I will deal with it. These guns are great.

I do need to mod My SP-01 a bit more (Dawson sights, lifter spring, LOK grips, IDPA legal hammer, swap the 13# for the 11.5# hammer spring).

If you are on the fence, jump in, the water is warm!
sweet!

Last edited:
I picked up a SP-01 shadow that I need to cajunize. Still on the fence about sending it to them or attempting the pro package myself . They did my S2 and 75b but aren’t accepting new work until July....

Sold my polished 75b last week which was tough but I just didn’t shoot it.

I go back and forth on sending some stuff to CGW or doing it myself, but I’m pretty confident that I’ll just send them stuff. While I have no doubt I could install the parts and get improvements, it would always be in my mind that I/m not getting everything I could out of it.

I go back and forth on sending some stuff to CGW or doing it myself, but I’m pretty confident that I’ll just send them stuff. While I have no doubt I could install the parts and get improvements, it would always be in my mind that I/m not getting everything I could out of it.
Exactly. That and I just don’t trust myself when it comes to polishing parts. Don’t want to F anything up lol.

I've cajunized 6-7 CZ-75 variants and simply a parts swap (particular the hammer) will get you 80% of the way to trigger goodness. A honing and polish of contact surfaces and the trigger bar/frame will get you 96% and a light honing of he sear engagement will guarantee a place in DA/SA Valhalla.
Short of messing with your sear/hammer there isn't a whole lot you can actually f-up.
If you a have a decocker model you might lose a spring or your mind re-assembling tho. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

The only problem is the turnaround time with CGW. A few months ago it was 12 weeks...that’s a long time, but I’m sure it’s worth it.

Update, took the shadow 2 back out to the range with another like 150 rounds of ammo I had leftover from the original match... blasted it all off fine, no light strikes. WTAF... going to give it a good cleaning and close that
case.

-Mike

I've cajunized 6-7 CZ-75 variants and simply a parts swap (particular the hammer) will get you 80% of the way to trigger goodness. A honing and polish of contact surfaces and the trigger bar/frame will get you 96% and a light honing of he sear engagement will guarantee a place in DA/SA Valhalla.
Short of messing with your sear/hammer there isn't a whole lot you can actually f-up.
If you a have a decocker model you might lose a spring or your mind re-assembling tho. [laugh][laugh][laugh]
Hmmm. Yeah I may need to watch some YouTube videos on the polishing. What do you use to polish? Sandpaper and/or Flitz?

The only problem is the turnaround time with CGW. A few months ago it was 12 weeks...that’s a long time, but I’m sure it’s worth it.
Yup. They told me 9-10 weeks. I’m not really in a huge rush as the SP-01 shadow will be a new IDPA SSP gun. But for the time being I’ve been using my DW PM9 for ESP.

I figured the 9-10 weeks could give me time to save up the $ lol

When I polish parts on Glocks, I use chrome polish and a rag. I haven’t tried to polish anything on my Shadow 2 — the trigger is already very light.

Hmmm. Yeah I may need to watch some YouTube videos on the polishing. What do you use to polish? Sandpaper and/or Flitz?
I use norton oil stones and flitz with hard felt bobs. With a run of the mill 75 the polish is pretty straightforward basically take it to the range a couple of times and see look for the bright spots and polish. I go a step farther knock down the mill marks with stones on the frame, trigger bar, and sear cage then polish.
Norton Hard Arkansas Sharpening Stone Pack of 4 - MPN: 61463686839

Last edited:
I only polished off the over spray on the frame and slide. I did polish the side of the trigger bar but no other surfaces, I didn’t have the balls to go to far. I used Flitz and a Qtip.

I picked up a SP-01 shadow that I need to cajunize. Still on the fence about sending it to them or attempting the pro package myself . They did my S2 and 75b but aren’t accepting new work until July....

Sold my polished 75b last week which was tough but I just didn’t shoot it.

Do it yourself. I have a PCR and a 97BD from CGW, and My S2 and SP-01 (the former with CZC parts the latter with CGW parts) done by me and they are just as good. Get some 1500 through 3000 grit sandpaper, a dremel, a dremel polishing kit and some flitz and you'll save yourself a ton of time and money. I can re-work a CZ in a couple of hours now. Every 5K rounds I tear them down to brass tacks and clean everything. They're so easy and there's a certain gratification from doing it on my own. Not to mention getting to know every detail about them and knowing exactly how everything works in case there's a problem in the future.

Read this:

CZ Tuning 101 with Professor Atlas

Watch this guy:

Spencer Frandsen

And for the record, I did my S2 first, when it was brand new, with 0 experience working on CZ's and it came out sweet. Super easy with the tutorials I've linked.

Last edited:
Just got my milled slide back from CZ Customs. Came in about 3.5 weeks ahead of schedule, I wasn't expecting it until the end of July.

According to CZC, I shouldn't have to change anything else to make CO weight. I'll double check it myself though.

Attachments

• Slide Cut 1.jpg
    Slide Cut 1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Slide Cut 2.jpg
    Slide Cut 2.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Slide Cut 3.jpg
    Slide Cut 3.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Slide Cut 4.jpg
    Slide Cut 4.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 30
  • Slide Cut 5.jpg
    Slide Cut 5.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 30
Just got my milled slide back from CZ Customs. Came in about 3.5 weeks ahead of schedule, I wasn't expecting it until the end of July.

According to CZC, I shouldn't have to change anything else to make CO weight. I'll double check it myself though.
Sweet!

Back
Top Bottom