• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

Won't do it, have to resist!!! My next purchase is an open gun.
Haha! I hear you there. I think the bull barrel makes that one not legal in USPSA production, if i recall correctly.

Im at the point where most new acquisitions need to be optic ready. I just like the dots. Shadow 2 OR, where are you?

Initial rumors are that it will not make CO weight restrictions.
That would be terrible, they should know better. Hopefully the rumors are wrong.

With that said, i am going to start putting money aside for that Alien. I like the concept. They are claiming its completely modular so it can be reconfigured to play in production, carry optics, limited and open. If thats true, it may be a great addition that replaces a couple different wants. Worse case, i save up the money for the next couple years and it either never comes out or sucks from a functional perspective and i have a chunk of change to put down on a different heater.

That would be terrible, they should know better. Hopefully the rumors are wrong.

Agreed, but from what I've read, it's designed for a European Production Optics class (something along those lines) which isn't hindered by the weight restriction. This is my understanding anyway, and I could be totally wrong or they could end up lightening it for the US market.

The guy selling that bull Shadow 2 has a CO legal S2 that he configured with the help of CZ Custom. Wasn’t very difficult from that I gather.
@dEX

Last edited:
The guy selling that bull Shadow 2 has a CO legal S2 that he configured with the help of CZ Custom. Wasn’t very difficult from that I gather.

Yes, I've seen it done and it may be the same person. I should have qualified my comment by saying I'm using a Delta Point Pro, which is ~2x the weight of the Burris FF and the Sig Romeo 1, and I'm still running the SS guide rod and Henning Grips (which are actually a little lighter than stock). You can use the standard sight cut, but you'll have to alleviate the weight from other areas.

img%5D

mine is back from CZ custom, all zero'd in and ready to rock
IMG_2514_zpsyq9ankdd.jpg

IMG_2519_zps9crhfzod.jpg

easy co witness with stock front sight
IMG_2517_zpswfrlpdys.jpg

Last edited:
mine is back from CZ custom, all zero'd in and ready to rock
IMG_2514_zpsyq9ankdd.jpg

Awesome!!! Looks great. Pelham has a match on Sunday - not sure if I'll make it. Going to do plenty of shooting at the new england regional IDPA championship on saturday.

Got a call from Cajun gun works earlier today. They’re ahead of schedule and my SP-01 shadow will be arriving Wednesday! Can’t wait. Still need to decide if I should break it in at the Hopkinton USPSA match on Saturday or use the Shadow 2....

who's got one? How happy are you with it?
Me and a bunch of others in this thread have one. Out of the box the SA trigger is pretty darn good but the DA trigger is heavy which is easy to fix by swapping out the springs. The internals on mine have been polished by Cajun gun works along with lighter springs, extended firing pin etc. So the SA trigger is 2.5# and the DA trigger is 5.5# and it's suuuuuper smooth.

You won't be disappointed if you buy one that's for sure. Even if you don't shoot competitively, it will be an awesome range gun.

Got a call from Cajun gun works earlier today. They’re ahead of schedule and my SP-01 shadow will be arriving Wednesday! Can’t wait. Still need to decide if I should break it in at the Hopkinton USPSA match on Saturday or use the Shadow 2....

What did you have done? Pro Package? Bushing?

Back
Top Bottom