• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

Wow...that really stinks.
I got the standard "we're working on it" email yesterday, nothing new so far.

Sounds like mine will end up being milled.

Wow...that really stinks.
I got the standard "we're working on it" email yesterday, nothing new so far.

Sounds like mine will end up being milled.
It's just so irritating. Because if I knew what I know now, I would have just had cajun do it and I'd probably already have the gun back to me at this point.

Four weeks + 1 day, mama she's comin' home:
"Work Performed: Updated Slide stop cut which removed the entire crack. also installed new trigger pin test fired good."

Current tracking data shows Friday. Already redirecting five lbs. of powder and a couple hundred bullets to a Walgreens, hopefully can send this guy, too.

Four weeks + 1 day, mama she's comin' home:
"Work Performed: Updated Slide stop cut which removed the entire crack. also installed new trigger pin test fired good."

Current tracking data shows Friday. Already redirecting five lbs. of powder and a couple hundred bullets to a Walgreens, hopefully can send this guy, too.
NO WAY!! Can't wait to see pics.

Ashame to think I'd probably have mine back now if it was shipped back to CZ rather quickly. Oh well. Fingers crossed mine will only take 4 weeks!

NO WAY!! Can't wait to see pics.

Ashame to think I'd probably have mine back now if it was shipped back to CZ rather quickly. Oh well. Fingers crossed mine will only take 4 weeks!
Obviously would have preferred a brand new gun, but I can't complain. Now to see if I can get comfortable enough to try to run it May 12 at Harvard USPSA.

Obviously would have preferred a brand new gun, but I can't complain. Now to see if I can get comfortable enough to try to run it May 12 at Harvard USPSA.
Yeah a new gun would have been nice. But in my situation I'll be somewhat happy to keep my original S2 with the arcore/nitride finish.

You should definitely make it to Harvard!

Since it’s a repair. I’m wondering if I should send mine in. Or just wait and see if it becomes a problem or not
You could wait until you see a very small crack develop before sending it in like I did? Though I'm sure they will mill the relief cut even if a crack hasn't developed yet.
Send an email to Caleb ([email protected]) and see what he says. He works in the warranty department and was emailing me about my S2.

Signature required (as expected) but CZ has restricted the delivery options so I can't re-route it to be held at a FedEx facility [thinking].
Not really keen on wasting a day off of work...

Signature required (as expected) but CZ has restricted the delivery options so I can't re-route it to be held at a FedEx facility [thinking].
Not really keen on wasting a day off of work...
Did you try calling FedEx? I’ve had to call a few times when the online option wouldn’t let me change the delivery.

It's here. Same case as I sent it with, just two sheets of paper with my info, and the same two sentences from their email.

Pretty much what I expected. two cuts on either side, and they said they replaced the trigger pin.
Hoping to get it out next week.

20190503_173342.jpg 20190503_173350.jpg 20190503_173334.jpg

It's here. Same case as I sent it with, just two sheets of paper with my info, and the same two sentences from their email.

Pretty much what I expected. two cuts on either side, and they said they replaced the trigger pin.
Hoping to get it out next week.

View attachment 282832 View attachment 282833 View attachment 282834
Sweet! So it looks like they were able to refinish the cut areas? It’s not exposed steel.

Ugh I want mine back soooo bad.

Sweet! So it looks like they were able to refinish the cut areas? It’s not exposed steel.

Ugh I want mine back soooo bad.
yeah it looks like there's some sort of finish; the area that actually would have been "exposed" is very narrow since it was a circle to begin with

was hoping for some swag like a sticker or hat or something, bus alas...
I did get a notification that the Scorpion carbine I wanted is back in stock at a vendor...

Spoke to CZ earlier and they had my gun on their desk but won’t get to it until next week. He said if it doesn’t ship out next week it will ship out the following week at the latest.

Spoke to CZ earlier and they had my gun on their desk but won’t get to it until next week. He said if it doesn’t ship out next week it will ship out the following week at the latest.
Just got off the phone with Cajun. They received the NEW REPLACEMENT S2 on Monday...Would have been nice to keep the original but oh well. Since this turned into such a pain in the butt for Cajun and me (I sold off all the factory parts which they had to source prior to shipping back to CZ...didn't know they'd need the parts but also didn't know I'd be getting the gun replaced years later...), they told me they had to charge me a small amount for the work. I said that's totally fine and I completely understand. They're going to install their newer disconnector as I had their first generation disconnector. Also they're also going to install the reach reduction kit and reinstall my aftermarket sights (they held onto my sights all this time...). All said and done it will be $150 shipped. They're going to cover the return shipping cost.

I told them that had I known, if they (Cajun) milled the frame and CZ would still warranty everything on the gun except for the frame itself, I would have just sent it to them (Cajun) and had them do the work. Live and learn.

Last edited:
He thinks that CZ is just replacing the guns rather than wasting time/effort on milling etc.

Once CGW does their stuff and you get yours back, I'm open to a trade...
60522693.jpg

Once CGW does their stuff and you get yours back, I'm open to a trade...
Cajun was busting my balls saying that they replaced mine since I had the rarer model and someone at CZ wanted it lol...you never know! I guess it's possible but I honestly don't care at this point. Just give me a slicked up S2 so I can move on.

Cajun was busting my balls saying that they replaced mine since I had the rarer model and someone at CZ wanted it lol...you never know! I guess it's possible but I honestly don't care at this point. Just give me a slicked up S2 so I can move on.
Finally going to get mine into action in Steel Challenge next weekend at Harvard.
My three MA 10rd mags arrived yesterday.

Just got off the phone with Cajun. S2 will be shipped out today and arriving on Monday! Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom