Anyone else into air guns?

I also picked up an 88 in3 carbon tank thinking I’d pump that up by hand. ( zero filling stations anywhere near me.). And that was an adventure! Took me about a week. So now I’m seriously thinking hard about going the SCBA route. Because fire stations have the compressor, and our local firefighters are awesome. So I’ll have to find myself a SCBA tank, and use this,

I’d wager there are LOTS of fills in a SCBA tank.
Get a compressor. Some aren’t all that bad in price compared to a hand pump.

I'm not sure of clubs around here that have airgun matches or groups, but they are a ton of fun to shoot in the basement. Very nice set up you have. I scratch the itch for full auto with airguns:

The Wrentham Sportsman’s Assoc. has Air rifle shooting days for Members on certain days. See their schedule on line.

I also picked up an 88 in3 carbon tank thinking I’d pump that up by hand. ( zero filling stations anywhere near me.). And that was an adventure! Took me about a week. So now I’m seriously thinking hard about going the SCBA route. Because fire stations have the compressor, and our local firefighters are awesome. So I’ll have to find myself a SCBA tank, and use this,

I'm surprised there aren't hundreds of scuba shops in Tuscon.

I have several for back yard practice. Rifles are under barrel lever, break barrel and PCP. Revolvers are CO2. I also have the MP40 and the 712. I can't get the 712 to feed. A small primer pick up tube makes a great speed loader for the full auto magazines.

Good luck getting your tanks filled at FD. Rven local scuba shops can be a pita. Some will only fill to XYZ pressure.

My friend is FP so deep into air guns.
He took a chance on one of these ad the Benjamin/Air Venturi and other “air gun compressors” are always out of stock at the air gun stores.
He fills for others

View: https://youtu.be/B2odMLikOD8

Last edited:
can you give some idea what those setups typically go for? I haven't really used airguns that much to require tanks or compressors, it's all about future needs.
A compressor capable of filling a tank runs from about $1200- $2500. Tanks run $500-$800 or so. As always there are cheaper options, but if one plans on doing a lot of shooting there are costs. The outfit in the photo ran about $3000 total

Any recommendations for a decent air rifle for under $200. ( just for plinking and basic fun) ?
its hard $200 is really hit or miss.
Im not a huge fan of CO2 but a few friends bought these and they are decent. They are a crosman clone.

i like the older crosman
partial to the 140/1400 series multipumps.
Multipumps can be good especially for transition from indoors 2-3 pumps to out doors 5-8 pumps.
I like 22lr vs .177 unless its for 10m then it really doesnt matter.
The cmp offers reconditioned 853s for around $120 they are darn good for what they are.
I keep saying im going to pick up a 2300KT from the crosman custom shop , run you about $200
Thinking the carbine model with 14" walther barrel in 22 cal

There is no need for high velocity for plinking and target shooting. Unless your trying to go 50 + yds
Something like this?

my vote for inexpensive pretty accurate and comfortable for adults is the 853 from cmp.
Request the parallel comb its easier in the eyes lining up with the sights.

Last edited:
Me and my brother used do that with our bows in the woods at hunting camp. I only lost one arrow to a bad shot. Some of our friends would not take some of the shots we would, but one always would.
Keep wood putty and white paint handy when I nick the door jam.

Back
Top Bottom