Anyone getting robocalls from the ATF about break-ins

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Anyone getting robocalls from the ATF about break-ins to FFL holders?

there was a break in at a MA shop last month, and right after every FFL in the area got a robo call

Remember safe storage laws apply to FFL's according to Maura

Was this from 202-648-9999? CID: GSA FTS Regiona?

I received that call a few minutes ago and searching 800notes.com seems to show it as an BATFE number.

I picked up and it said that it has an important message and I should punch any number on my phone to receive it . . . I punched "hang up" and then searched 800notes. So was it a legit call from BATFE or a scammer, which is what I had suspected?

Never trust caller ID/Number info.....its trivial to spoof
That's why I hung up.

On the other hand, I'm still a Mass Constable and thus can get requests from DC (or anywhere else) to serve papers, so I can't just ignore every incoming call that I don't recognize.

I am trying to reach out to a BATFE manager that I know to see if it was a valid call, but his phone line is busy.

That's why I hung up.

On the other hand, I'm still a Mass Constable and thus can get requests from DC (or anywhere else) to serve papers, so I can't just ignore every incoming call that I don't recognize.

I am trying to reach out to a BATFE manager that I know to see if it was a valid call, but his phone line is busy.
I received an email from ATF as well in addition to the robo call.

I received that call a few minutes ago and searching 800notes.com seems to show it as an BATFE number.

I picked up and it said that it has an important message and I should punch any number on my phone to receive it . . . I punched "hang up" and then searched 800notes. So was it a legit call from BATFE or a scammer, which is what I had suspected?

So that is what that was! I picked it up and a stupid sounding recording that did not identify the caller started, so I said FU to it and hung up.

I did the same thing, then they called back and I let it go to voicemail. They left the message

Past week phone has been ringing like crazy, 1 an hour maybe? My NoMoRobo has been sqaushing them all at the first ring. I just chocked it up to political calls.

The call was legit. My BATFE contact confirmed that. He'll also ask HQ to make it obvious that was BATFE and not make it look like Spam.

Back
Top Bottom