Anyone going to the Big E Gun Show on Saturday?

Hi all:

I'm planning on heading down to the Springfield (Big E) gun show on Saturday, 5/31 and I'm wondering if anyone else in the area is planning on going and wants to meet up there? An impromptu NES delegation if you will? If you are interested, I'm planning on arriving pretty close to opening time on Saturday but I could be a bit flexible. Either PM me or post.

R. Duke

Last edited:
Is there anything besides old military stuff?

Well, it does look like a lot of Militaria but I am hoping that it's big enough that there are non-C&R guns as well.

5 minutes later. Ok, now after some research I'm wondering if there will be any modern firearms for sale or weather this is really just surplus and militaria? Does anyone else want to comment on this? Does anyone know what to expect from past shows here?

Last edited:
Well, it does look like a lot of Militaria but I am hoping that it's big enough that there are non-C&R guns as well.

5 minutes later. Ok, now after some research I'm wondering if there will be any modern firearms for sale or weather this is really just surplus and militaria? Does anyone else want to comment on this? Does anyone know what to expect from past shows here?

Is this your first one? I've been to a few and there is usually all kinds a junk up to and including modern firearms.

FPrice and others,
I'd like to go on Sat morning if somebody would like to meet there and walk around.
I mean (my mean Marine wife) should let me aaway from the house and kids for a couple of hours.
smitty

Saturday. I'm told there's a bit of a line when it opens and in general on Saturday but that Sunday you can just walk in. Still, I am in a bit of a buying mood so I'd like to get there early...

Sat around 0930 I'll be there.

I'll be the bald guy wearing an od green T shirt with what looks like a Harley symbol on the back. I don't know if I'll spend anything or not (I just traded for a Scandium / TI Airlite J frame S&W a week ago).
smitty

I'll be the bald guy wearing an od green T shirt with what looks like a Harley symbol on the back. I don't know if I'll spend anything or not (I just traded for a Scandium / TI Airlite J frame S&W a week ago).
smitty

how much is the admission?

bill

I went today and got reamed for prices on the few items I picked up. It was my first gun show and I was happy to see so many shooters and enthusiasts in the sport in one place.

Lot of 88s there, one table was actively discussing overthrowing the government...not really surprising but strange.

All in all, would do again. There were some good deals to be found if you knew how to haggle and had the disposable income for it.

It was $9 at the door plus $5 to park. A little expensive, but it was still fun walking around for a few hours. This is probably the first time I didn't run into any NESers while at the show. Everyone must of been out shooting!

Most of us(or people that I know) got sick of the raping that occurs there,between parking charges,admission and gas you spend $25.00 before you even look at a weapon.

The ammo conspiracy that happens in the tent outside is just one example.

Yeah, I went today only because I was in the area helping my son move into a new apartment. The cost of gas, the $5 for parking, the $9 entrance fee.... this really will probably be the last Springfield trip for me.

If it was still possible to get bargains (at least prices equal to what you can get online), it might be worth it. But it ain't happenin.... I'll stick to the closer ones with cheaper entrance fees and free parking. It's fun to look and walk around, but I think the show sponsors are getting a bit too greedy.

Most of us(or people that I know) got sick of the raping that occurs there,between parking charges,admission and gas you spend $25.00 before you even look at a weapon.

The ammo conspiracy that happens in the tent outside is just one example.

I wont tell you about the deal I got on a few boxes of .45's.[wink][rofl]

Back
Top Bottom