• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have a lead on where to get ammo? This is getting ridiculous

I'm sure this is a dumb question given the circumstances, but does anyone know how to get some pistol ammo? I'm literally just looking for a couple of boxes for range time. I live near a Bass Pro and I haven't seen shit for months now. This is getting ridiculous. Is there a better time to go to ensure they might have a few boxes?

This is a rant, but god damn this is why I hated working in the gun industry. The ridiculous swings of "all out panic buy" to "nobody buy anything" is just so annoying.

Plenty of townie gun shops share photos of their current ammo inventory on facedbook. Most of it is priced at a point that inhibits hoarding.

not very efficient but all I can say is make the rounds. Stuff is getting on the shelves but it is very short lived.

Ok, well thanks everyone. I'm in the Mansfield area, any advice on what shops are worth supporting? I know Northeast Traders is close to me.

I used to work in a gun store and I remember having literally pallets of 9mm in the back. Sometimes I would just give a few away if a customer bought something nice from us. How the times have changed.

Ok, well thanks everyone. I'm in the Mansfield area, any advice on what shops are worth supporting? I know Northeast Traders is close to me.

I used to work in a gun store and I remember having literally pallets of 9mm in the back. Sometimes I would just give a few away if a customer bought something nice from us. How the times have changed.
That Fudd doesn’t even have targets in stock.

I'm sure this is a dumb question given the circumstances, but does anyone know how to get some pistol ammo? I'm literally just looking for a couple of boxes for range time. I live near a Bass Pro and I haven't seen shit for months now. This is getting ridiculous. Is there a better time to go to ensure they might have a few boxes?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCsVOO_3EUU

Seriously though unless you're driving around for a few hours hitting up different shops, you're not going to find
shit. Unless you are willing to pay 80 CPR rape etc. There's plenty of ammo available from flippers.

This is a rant, but god damn this is why I hated working in the gun industry. The ridiculous swings of "all out panic buy" to "nobody buy anything" is just so annoying.

If you really worked in the industry, shouldn't you know better? (EG, where's your stash?) This supply problem has happened at least three times now in the past 15 years....

Local shops, check the Target Sports thread on this forum, and keep an eye out in the classifieds also on this forum. It pops up here and there.

If you're more concerned with getting it now than price, then there are always the options for Gun Broker or Cheaper than Dirt, where the price gouging is so crazy that they've bound to still have some in stock.

Ok I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

In general, The times I've been in there, I've found that Gartman generally doesn't have much for ammo.. at least not like some other shops I've been in

I work at BPS part time.. ammo is coming in, but you gotta be there when the truck is unloaded and the stuff gets to the floor. Once it's on the floor, it doesn't stay long.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCsVOO_3EUU

Seriously though unless you're driving around for a few hours hitting up different shops, you're not going to find
shit. Unless you are willing to pay 80 CPR rape etc. There's plenty of ammo available from flippers.

If you really worked in the industry, shouldn't you know better? (EG, where's your stash?) This supply problem has happened at least three times now in the past 15 years....

I had a pretty good stash, but ended up moving around the country a couple of times after I left the industry, so I wasn't able to bring much with me or re-supply. I still have a stash, but its on the west coast right now with a family member.

I've been slowly, *slowly* going through what I currently have, and I'm down to a couple boxes, which I don't really want to use. It is what it is, I guess. Luckily arrows are easy to find so I guess I'll just get really good with my bow.

Not sure where you are but Bait Bolts and Bullets in Solon Maine has been a great find. They are on Facebook as well. Every several weeks they announce what they are getting and will ship to you in your in Maine maybe NH? Very reasonable prices as well

Ok, didn't know that. Out of curiosity, what did he do? Must have been pretty bad.

Years ago, He called up the AGs office and ratted out Bass Pro to the AG when BPS was selling brand new glocks (not long after they opened) and taking orders for other off list stuff at the
same time... and then he had the audacity to brag to customers about what he did, etc. There's still a bunch of rumpswabs that still use his shop, which is probably why he hasn't gone out of business. Boycotts dont really work.... although I'm pretty sure it hit him at least somewhat.

Not a fan, I take it?
Apparently we now have confirmation on who the RAT was that killed off all out-of-state ammo sales (and other accessories) to MA!!

See http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=345642&postcount=364 for that confirmation.

Same RAT that reported BassPro to the AG!

Damn!!

Well, a well respected member and dealer from the same club just stated that the same dealer TOLD him to his face that he was the RAT wrt ammo sales!

Said RAT told me and 5 other officers/BOD members of that club that he is the one who dropped the dime to the AG about BassPro. So I heard it from the RAT's mouth as did 5 others.

Pretty conclusive evidence if you ask me.

I wonder if small/local Law Enforcement Departments are having trouble getting ammo too, or are they fed off a different spigot...?

There's still a bunch of rumpswabs that still use his shop, which is probably why he hasn't gone out of business. Boycotts dont really work.... although I'm pretty sure it hit him at least somewhat.
Buddy of mine bought two guns there over the past few years and mentioned in passing that the shop was planning to close.

I only went in there once, before the current shortage, looking for a specific rifle from a brand he repped. It had the typical EEVVIIILLL features so I asked if he could order one and then arrange to have a gunsmith do the appropriate cutting and pinning. You would have thought I had asked to borrow his daughter and a kilo of coke for the weekend.

I wonder if small/local Law Enforcement Departments are having trouble getting ammo too, or are they fed off a different spigot...?

I don't think a PD procurement office is as concerned with the PRC that most of us have to consider, which would open them up to more options if they were in a crunch. Although, it would be odd if they weren't already stacked very high and deep from pre-covid days considering they probably get a break from ammo storage limits. But I have no real frame of reference and this is all just speculation, so maybe someone can chime in.

Years ago, He called up the AGs office and ratted out Bass Pro to the AG when BPS was selling brand new glocks (not long after they opened) and taking orders for other off list stuff at the
same time... and then he had the audacity to brag to customers about what he did, etc. There's still a bunch of rumpswabs that still use his shop, which is probably why he hasn't gone out of business. Boycotts dont really work.... although I'm pretty sure it hit him at least somewhat.
[laugh]

I should have guessed it was something like that. I've noticed other instances of stuff like this in states with restrictive laws. Nothing like wielding the government against your competition like a flaming sword of god!

I was also figuring with PD budgets they may not inventory as much as I thought...

There's always the classifieds section right here on NES

Seriously, I have not looked, what is a 50 round box of 9mm going for?

I know years ago when prices were relatively decent I stocked up around $12 a box.
I'm too young to remember sub $10 a box prices. 🤓

[laugh]

I should have guessed it was something like that. I've noticed other instances of stuff like this in states with restrictive laws. Nothing like wielding the government against your competition like a flaming sword of god!
For shits & giggles... What are you specifically looking for?

Back
Top Bottom