• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have a lead on where to get ammo? This is getting ridiculous

And they will pay it too.
I'm looking for SnW 32 Long for my FIL, he said buy 2 boxes pretty much no matter the cost if I find it. So, yeah. Told him that's a wonky round and I doubt anyone's producing it right now since 9mm/40/45 are pretty much full bend over horse dildo pricing right now.

Yes, he's used to my colorful language after 20+ years.

Edit: He has a WHOLE box of .357 for his old wheel gun. He feels that's enough. Edit 2: He has an old Trooper(?) Colt .357 as well

Even if they didn't vote for biden, I have a bunch of mostly older trumpette friends (not on NES) that are still way behind the 8 ball. I have difficulty feeling too bad for them and when they want ammo I soak them at market rate without hesitation. Whatever my likely replacement cost is. "Like dude, I told you about this shit years ago. You've lived through three obamascares and an ammo shortage is news?"

I made a few exceptions for people that had a reasonable excuse and got them some stuff below market. I got a couple more care packages to send out though and then thats the
end of that....

Not to mention some of them I have been reminding about this shit since before covid. "Hey ammo is disappearing, you might want to buy some before it goes full retard" They had ample opportunities to buy shit up until about the middle of summer but its like they can't be bothered or something. WTAF.

Then they are the first people to call you when there's no ammo left and they still want to play role-play as "1 box weekend shooter faggot guy " and you have to do "gun babysitting".

The fun part is 9 out of 10 times its never someone who had a means problem, either. So they can't use money as an excuse. It's because they were lazy.
I‘ve given away a few hundred rounds recently; in one case to a friend who just got his license last year, in another to a friend who truly can’t afford to build inventory. There are plenty of people who deserve help...there’s also people like my neighbor, who has the means, has ignored every bit of advice I’ve given him, and came over the other day and said “hey, I’m thinking of getting an AK”. 🤪

I'm looking for SnW 32 Long for my FIL, he said buy 2 boxes pretty much no matter the cost if I find it. So, yeah. Told him that's a wonky round and I doubt anyone's producing it right now since 9mm/40/45 are pretty much full bend over horse dildo pricing right now.
Larry has it.

Capture.PNG

OP, I suggest you become a little more active and make friends with people.

We have had ammo threads for all of 2020 and before that.

The situation s*cks right now.

Go back and look at the number of guns sold during Sandy Hook and then compare it to how many guns were sold in 2020. It's not even close.

This shortage will be longer than 18months. I bet it will be the duration of Biden/Kamala because gov overreach isn't going away and neither are Antifa/BLM riots once it gets warmer outside.

How high do ammo prices have to rise before the Industry
stops bidding on military/police contracts?

I'm sure there's a lot to like about military contracts,
but there has to be some price where the civilian market
is the more profitable choice.

And subtle winks aside, government procurement agents
probably can't "boycott" suppliers who had previously
declined to bid on an offer the way that the private sector
can hold a grudge.

Found some 9mm online. It won't be there long. 70cpr, Holy expensive Batman! And that's for steel cased with some kind of coating on it.

PM for details.

Last edited:
Why are you letting the brand new gun owners off the hook? Most of them had no use for the 2A until just recently, they're far more guilty of poor planning than the guys who didn't stack it deep enough.

I'm not necessarily talking about the new guys on here seeking advice/help, or younger guys just getting into it, but for the most part new gun owners could care less about the 2A. I shoot regularly on Sunday afternoons when the guys teaching the licensing class bring the noobs out for the live fire part of it. Mostly couples, mostly middle aged, surprising number of ethnic groups and I promise you that most of them voted for Biden. They have a gun they have never fired and a couple boxes of ammo that will sit in the safe and they'll be the first ones to turn them in of .gov demands it. They think that their getting a gun is proof that everyone can get one and that no one is taking away anyone's guns and that no one needs military weapons in the home. I have a number of people asking me to do a licensing class and I tell them to go to AFS, MFS, Patriot Firearms, etc. but they have more important stuff to do. Just the other night one guy says "yeah, I think I really need to do it now, they're coming for the 2A" and the guy has anti-Trump stuff all over his social media. He's been asking me about it for months.
Oh, so now there is a 2A litmus test. And you are at the top of the heap. And you are the arbiter. So we have stratification in our 2A bona fides?

My son was happy today, he just got his ltc last week, a couple guns over the weekend, and this showed up today at a shop near him.
Not Mass.View attachment 444484

Damn, that looks heavy as F.

88k rounds of 9 has to be at least ..

Let's see here, I'll figure it out.

88,000 rounds x 120 = 125,000,000

So.. 125,000,000 - 30,000 = 350,000

350,000 x 1.25 = 723

If my math is correct, those 87k rounds of 9mm weigh just about 723 lbs, give or take a few pounds.

Then add the cardboard packaging..

So 723 x 3.4 = 212,000

So total weight, with the packaging is somewhere around 212k pounds.

Damn, I thought it would weigh a lot less to be honest.

Damn, that looks heavy as F.

88k rounds of 9 has to be at least ..

Let's see here, I'll figure it out.
61fd872350ee05a38c33127ef3d10dc3.jpg

I must be turning Chinese, as I like the slow drip method (Chinese water torture).
Make them forty at a time. No, not .40 S&W, but 9x19mm with the beautiful LOS 115 gr bullets (how original, huh!).

Attachments

• IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 15
Just got back from Cabelas, Hudson. They had a few boxes of all the popular pistol cartriges (including .380), a bunch of .556, and about 50 cases of 12ga 7.5 and 8's. I grabbed 5 cases (the limit) of 7.5s, which ought to feed my trap habit into the summer...and hopefully by then there will be a steady supply again.

So 723 x 3.4 = 212,000

So total weight, with the packaging is somewhere around 212k pounds.

Damn, I thought it would weigh a lot less to be honest.
Not really seeing that highlighted calculation. And I'm reasonably certain that floor would be having a hard time holding the weight of approximately two M1 tanks somehow balanced on top of each other in a 4'x4' square. ;)

A 124 grain 9x19 cartridge weighs about .45 oz all-in, so there's about 35.6 of them in a pound. 87,000 of them would weigh about 2450 pounds. Toss in a hundred pounds or so for the packaging and pallet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom