• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have any experience with TPJ (polymer jacket) ammo?

I just picked up 3000 rounds of this polymer jacketed ammo at $164 per 1000. The reviews are all 5 star and speak to how clean it shoots. The description is: US Cartridge 9mm 115 Grain Reman TPJ (1000 Round Bulk)

Anything I should know? Any pros/cons?

I just picked up 3000 rounds of this polymer jacketed ammo at $164 per 1000. The reviews are all 5 star and speak to how clean it shoots. The description is: US Cartridge 9mm 115 Grain Reman TPJ (1000 Round Bulk)

Anything I should know? Any pros/cons?

It may just have a different odor. Should be good to go otherwise.

TPJ is typically lead core ammo with a non toxic primer and a vinyl based polymer jacket which completely encapsulates the lead. As long as the primers don't go back from moister (only problem with nontoxic primers) it should be no different performance wise than typical range ammo.

You'll get vinyl fouling rather than copper fouling in the barrel which is easier to remove. No lead or heavy metal exposure at the firing line or while cleaning. Only issue is the stuff might smell like burning rubber during firing and that still isn't the greatest stuff to breath in, but not quite toxic.

Back
Top Bottom