• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have any pending F4s out there?

Anyone out there in waiting for a F4?

I am waiting for my M16 to transfer. Sent the paperwork in back in August.

Individual F4. This will be my 4th and final MG transfer. Out of funds. :)

Rob

Last edited:
yeah this whole year they have been running slower than normal. The guy that answers the phone told me that most examiners have a stack of applications on their desks at this time and its just not letting up.

The last month or so things have started to pick up a bit for some of the examiners. Some of the guys on ARFcom say that their transfers have been in the 3 month range or so for individuals.

This is the 4th and most likely last transfer I will do and the wait gets easier each time.

Hopefully its in before the end of the month. If not it will make a nice Christmas present. [smile]

Yeah, I got a American Arms 180, sold as transferable( Class 3 in FLA has the orginal Form 3 and a copy of the last form 4 from the last buyer) got a call from my dealer in MA saying that ATF thinks it is a Dealer Sample?????? I know it is going to work out because how could it be transferable before and not now? Silliness,.,.,,,,,,,

I know it is going to work out because how could it be transferable before and not now? Silliness,.,.,,,,,,,

Wouldn't be the first time ATF found a "post sample" that had previously been transfered improperly to an individual, because 2 or 3 transfers back NFA branch forgot to stamp the restriction on the form...

Hope it is transferable, but the only way to find out will be to FOIA the original registration documents, not rely on what the previous owner's paper work says.

oohh yeah that would suck for sure. Get ready to buy something that everyone believes is transferable and come to find out ATF screwed up back in the day and it was a dealer sample. That would not be a fun experience. I hope it works out for you. As Securityboy stated get them the original registration documents and you should be ok.

Rob

called my examiner, she now agrees it is transferable! What a experience! She was reading from the FOIA docs.

good and I am glad it worked out for you.

There is nothing like spending that kind of dime on an NFA item to have it brought into question like that this far into the process.

Glad she got it worked out for you.

Rob

3 or 4 months seems to be the norm lately. It got much faster and friendlier after the move to West Virginia but it's slowed way down. I know it's hard to wait but it'll be worth it.On another note the 180 is a ball. It's fussy about ammo. You need to keep the gun and magazines clean and that's not easy to do with a gun that's shooting 30 rounds a second It really does take 15 minutes to load a 177 round magazine and 7 seconds to empty but what fun it is.E&L mfg is a great company if you need anything for the 180.

yeah I am starting to get ancy here. Pending since 9/22. Called last week and still pending with Andrew Ashton.

oh man it would be nice to have it before Christmas...... [smile]

I have two for suppressors at the ATF and am waiting for one dealer to dealer for my M16 to complete before I can do the paperwork for that. I am resigned to the fact that it will several months.

It could be worse .. we could be in states that don't allow class III.

here is what annoys the crap out of me. A good friend of mine who lives in MA like I do with his green card like I do..... [grin]

He sent his paperwork in for a F4 individual 3 weeks after I did and his was approved 2 weeks ago and he has his toy. How can this be? Mine is still pending as of yesterday..... argggggg[angry]

I know they are different examiners but how can some be so fast and some so slow? This annoys me. He sent his paperwork in 3 weeks after I did and he is already approved. Individual F4 just like mine.

WTF!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom