• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have working +2 mag extensions on Glock 42/43?

Varmint

NES Member
Anyone using +2 mag extensions like Strike Industries or Vickers, that are reliable?

If so did you have to change springs or anything?

Neither of those two. However, I've been running +1 and +3 mag extensions on my 43 from Taran Tactical without any problems. The +3 comes with an extra power spring while the +1 uses the stock OEM spring. They're a little pricey compared to some of the other options out there but they are extremely well made. The +1 adds almost zero length to the grip. I've also heard good reports on the Vickers and Pearce options.

By the way Taran also makes a +2 version. I normally carry with a +1 mag in the Glock for best concealment while using a MK-Tek kydex IWB holster and have the +3 mag at the ready for a quick reload should that be necessary. The +3 provides 9+1 round capacity which is just shy of the 10+1 for my Glock 26 but in a much smaller package.

mag guts +1 follower and spring - works fantastic and the flat spring is non-issue. brings the gun's full capacity to 7+1 = 8 which is amazing considering absolutely no baseplate extension

galloway +2 baseplate extension - also works fantastic, probably because comes with it's own spring

i would be leery of any mag extensions that utilize the stock spring

I love the TT bases. I have the +2 & +3 for my G43. You can buy them from him already built with the power springs included as well. I also have the +5/6 for my G17/34 pre-ban mags and the +4's for my G21/30's. I'll probably pick some up for my 42 as well. Right now I'm running the Mag Guts. They work very well but I like the looks and feel of the TT. I bought the Mag Guts before TT started making them for the 42/43.
51a765cdbbf9efb80a04613d722a9c18.jpg
Yes I'm ghey for colors. Lol.

Last edited:
just a heads up the TT +2 will not function reliably with stock spring. TT was selling them without a spring replacement but if the mag is used enough and/or kept loaded it will not be able to feed reliably with the stock spring. TT is now including a longer spring with the +2, and i'm pretty sure they will send a spring if you bought the baseplate before they included it.

just a heads up the TT +2 will not function reliably with stock spring. TT was selling them without a spring replacement but if the mag is used enough and/or kept loaded it will not be able to feed reliably with the stock spring. TT is now including a longer spring with the +2, and i'm pretty sure they will send a spring if you bought the baseplate before they included it.

Thanks, probably the bad reviews were with the early stock spring versions. I may get a spring for my Strike Industries +2, or just get a TT, since it's getting a lot of love here!

Have several of the TT +3's, bought them in the completed package (mag/ext already assembled) and have not had any issues at all yet. Very well made and smart design for takedown and cleaning.

As for +2's, I purchased two of them from The GlockStore .com and while they seem well made, the design is bad IMO.

The one that I was able to put together without stripping the tiny ass screw has functioned well, no FTF or FTE. But due to the design (assembly/disassembly) I would not recommend them at all.

The TT's have a very simple push pin concept (no tool needed, just your fingertip) for disassembly and cleaning. The GS model has a tiny, I mean really tiny, little headless screw with a tiny little Allen wrench, lose either and you're out of luck.

The second one that came in my order, while trying to get it seated and tightened, I broke off a couple edges of the screw pretty easily and now it won't stay secured. Just took it off and it's sitting in my junk box. Not even worth asking them for a replacement screw.

I will eventually remove the first one also and replace it with TT as I just don't trust it to stand up when needed. Good luck on your search, please let us know what you end up ordering and how you like it after some use.

I'll elaborate on my G42. I use the mag guts +1 springs and the Pearce Grip +1's. I do have one mag that I did not put the Pearce Grip on because the end protrudes a bit for a better grip, but I feel it can add to printing so sometimes I use the mag without it to CC.

I'm yet another fan of the TT extensions. Use +2s for the 43, +5/6 in the double-stack Glocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the TT bases. I have the +2 & +3 for my G43. You can buy them from him already built with the power springs included as well. I also have the +5/6 for my G17/34 pre-ban mags and the +4's for my G21/30's. I'll probably pick some up for my 42 as well. Right now I'm running the Mag Guts. They work very well but I like the looks and feel of the TT. I bought the Mag Guts before TT started making them for the 42/43.
51a765cdbbf9efb80a04613d722a9c18.jpg
Yes I'm ghey for colors. Lol.
A litte off topic, but how does that remora carrier work with two mags? I've only carried with one in it.

A litte off topic, but how does that remora carrier work with two mags? I've only carried with one in it.
Not good. I never use that mag carrier iwb. Always in the front left pocket. One magazine is fine. With 2 they are just jammed in like that. No advantage of speed at all, just peace of mind knowing they're there I guess. That, and they don't rattle around in my pocket. Remora does make a dual mag carrier. But it looks way too big to go in the pocket. IWB might be fine.

Back
Top Bottom