• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone in CT, NH, or VT do any FT8?

Or even Hawaii or Alaska? :) I'm trying to do a Worked All States on FT8 and need a few more states.

I need CT, NH, VT, ID, UT, WY, HI, and AK.

Last edited:
I have the WAS FT8 but it is from all bands, 20M is where I am closest on WAS for a single band. I use WSJT-x and Grid Tracker works well.

I have decided rather than overpower FT-8 with a super 100w signal from my TS-590 and Hustler 7BTV, I am running 5w QRP all the time for the challenge.

In the last 2 weeks from Boston MA I have worked Australia (5x) New Zealand, Fiji, Japan (8x) it is a hoot to get the South Pacific on FT8 with 5w.

Here is a map of all my 5w contacts on FT8, I have been doing it for about 1 year.

Dz1hG3hl.jpg

I have the WAS FT8 but it is from all bands, 20M is where I am closest on WAS for a single band. I use WSJT-x and Grid Tracker works well.

I have decided rather than overpower FT-8 with a super 100w signal from my TS-590 and Hustler 7BTV, I am running 5w QRP all the time for the challenge.

In the last 2 weeks from Boston MA I have worked Australia (5x) New Zealand, Fiji, Japan (8x) it is a hoot to get the South Pacific on FT8 with 5w.

Here is a map of all my 5w contacts on FT8, I have been doing it for about 1 year.

Dz1hG3hl.jpg
That's pretty impressive. What's your setup? (especially your antenna)

I use a Kenwood TS-590SG, no amp. It does 5w to 100w. I use a flat window feed through to the coax to my Hustler 5BTV with 17m and 12m add-ons. I started with 4 radials in the ground and now have 10 or 12. It is ground mounted in a corner of my yard near the property line. It is on a 5 foot steel pipe driven into the ground with the DX Engineering tilter plate.

GAml3i0m.jpg

BSg0QS1m.jpg

D9JsEuNm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom