Anyone interested in monthly 3-gun club level matches?

I'd like to get a monthly club level 3-gun match going, with 3 or 4 stages. USPSA scoring/targets. Right now I am trying to gauge interest, and to see if anyone would like to help volunteer stages, score, SO etc.. etc. I'm going to try to get it going at HSC but I'd be open to other clubs as well.

I would be interested depending on the conflict to other matches. The 2 hour drive is worth it for me. I have RO experience as do most you will find that will be interested. Not able to set up but would be glad to help with tear down

I would be up for this. Able to help out with setup/takedown, etc... Time constraints on the homefront dont give me too much time for stage planning and the like, but "day-of", I am very willing and able to help out. some regular local three gun action would be great.

If you make it happen at Harvard, I'm there. I have a few years of IDPA SO experience, and I just took the USPSA RO course this weekend. Happy to help RO and setup/teardown.

I'd help, too, when schedule permits. We've tried to get multi-gun things going, but it always gets scuttled due to scheduling and resources.

I'd be interested to check it out, I don't have any competition experience though, ive been to one IDPA practice. many hands make light work, so I'd be willing to help where I can.

You just like it because it's faster to shoot because you can hose 2 hits anywhere.

I like this too!

What don't you like about the IMGA equipment rules?

From the 2003 rules (maybe out of date?): EDIT: Way out of date. Oops. Never mind? 2010 rules do not have most of the language I objected to.

Factory Configuration
I'm assuming swapping uppers and stocks and similar are OK (before the match)? Otherwise, that's a little silly.

Last edited:
I'd be interested too. IMGA equipement rules run extremely close to USPSA, but NOT IDPA's. Are you planning multigun stages or simply 3 gun matches?
What equipment rules don't you want to comform to????

I think if there aren't multi-gun stages, leave out pistol, since there are plenty of pistol matches. I'd prefer a multi-gun format, but I'll come shoot whatever. If you don't want to deal with the logistics of multigun, maybe alternate monthly matches between rifle and shotgun?

ETA: I think nearly everyone agrees that IDPA's multigun rules are dumb.

I think if there aren't multi-gun stages, leave out pistol, since there are plenty of pistol matches. I'd prefer a multi-gun format, but I'll come shoot whatever. If you don't want to deal with the logistics of multigun, maybe alternate monthly matches between rifle and shotgun?

ETA: I think nearly everyone agrees that IDPA's multigun rules are STUPID.

Jeff, the change above is more accurate.

Cool, I was hoping this would spark some interest. I would do IMG scoring, multigun stages. My goal in this is to be safe, have fun and not take up the entire day waiting on a 40 round shotgun stage, but not have a 8 round IDPA rifle stage either, :) I would like to host this at my club (HSC) - I'll need to contact them, first.

I would need someone who knows how to score and pump out match results, however.

I would need someone who knows how to score and pump out match results, however.

IMGA scoring will work with an Excel spreadsheet, I think.
Sunday matches would be great, I'd give up a pistol match to shoot more long guns!
As for the new shooters. Why wouldn't you be welcome? We all started someplace, although some of us decades ago.[smile]

I would like to host this at my club (HSC) - I'll need to contact them, first.

I'd also talk to the USPSA guys there, and maybe send an email to Metrowest Tactical (the IDPA guys). You'll probably need steel, targets stands, and props, and buying them yourself for the first match is probably not going to happen.

If you're serious about stepping up and doing this, awesome. You might want to assemble an email list, and then get a group to show at the next HSC meeting... which I think is Thursday.

Or take a month to beg the people that already have trailers :)

Not to mention Mike Walsh. He actually shot a rifle with IRON SIGHTS over the weekend!

It was actually fun, but i wouldn't have wanted to try hitting those small steel in the woods with them

Next you'll be telling me he's shooting a Glock in production.

I tried a lot of new things in West Virginia, But I have my limits, I didn't sleep with my cousin and I certainly did not shoot a Glock

Back
Top Bottom