Anyone interested in monthly 3-gun club level matches?

Don't count on it. Some of us are old and decrepit.[devil]

I may be faster then a lot of people here physically, but I doubt my aim is anything to be proud about. I just this past summer started to be able to hit clays laying on the berm at like 35-40 yards with my Glock 34. Took a lot of practice! There are people here that can do that like at 100 and quickly [rofl]

Rifle matches seem, in my limited expirence, to be much more physical, even when standing in one place. VTAC barricade anyone?

The heck with that VTAC barricade, Run and Gun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3CmqF5Gzo
The VTAC barricade is great for position training. Matches should present multiple targets and different ways to engage them, not dictate what you have to do.

Last edited:
Rifle matches seem, in my limited expirence, to be much more physical, even when standing in one place. VTAC barricade anyone?

Time is saved on knowing how to get into a stable and comfortable position, were you can make good first round shots, then it is a physical fitness issues

The heck with that VTAC barricade, Run and Gun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4VpHAYP7jo&feature=related

Maybe both?

I suspect the root of this is the classic IDPA vs USPSA stage design argument. Personally, I like being presented with targets to just shoot in whatever way I choose, but also enjoy being forced to do interesting things, like shoot under cars or around barricades, that I wouldn't normally choose to do.

I don't mean to derail. Just wanted to point out that many 3-gun stages seem to require some level of physical fitness beyond simply moving from position A to position B.

Last edited:
I suspect the root of this is the classic IDPA vs USPSA stage design argument. Personally, I like being presented with targets to just shoot in whatever way I choose, but also enjoy being forced to do interesting things, like shoot under cars or around barricades, that I wouldn't normally choose to do.

There are ways to do this other than with specific rules. Foot faults are a lot easier to call than 'cover violations'.

There are ways to do this other than with specific rules. Foot faults are a lot easier to call than 'cover violations'.

I don't disagree with that.

Let's make this happen. We will have plenty of time to argue details of stage design at some future date. Sorry for the derail.

Last edited:
I shot one rifle stage last year where there was a really close fault line at the edge of a wall. I probably should have tried shooting my AR from the weak shoulder before doing it in a match. I did a lot better than the people who just faulted the line. -10 per shot doesn't help your score much.

I shot one rifle stage last year where there was a really close fault line at the edge of a wall. I probably should have tried shooting my AR from the weak shoulder before doing it in a match. I did a lot better than the people who just faulted the line. -10 per shot doesn't help your score much.

HSC's USPSA 2010 Rifle match? Not coming in last there was what got me hooked.

barricade.jpg

Yeah, it never occurred to me to practice shooting my Garand from my left shoulder. I was like a monkey trying to screw a football.

Sounds like fun. I am a newer IDPA SO trying to get a new club up and running, but am defianatly interested in doing some of these. I am trying to do a bunch of rotating side matches through the year (rifle, shotgun, BUG). I would like to help out with some Stage Designs and if time permits the 2+ hour drive to SO/shoot some of these. I have a fun rifle /pistol stage for this weekend we will see how it goes!

Where are we talking for these matches? I am sure I am good for at least 3 shooters carpooling down with me from the frozen north...

Where are we talking for these matches? I am sure I am good for at least 3 shooters carpooling down with me from the frozen north...

Jay,
The original post indicated that Harvard is the club that Skol was going to approach. I think patience is going to be required for a while.

Back
Top Bottom