• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know anything about Bows?

I'm gonna drive out to teepee this weekend I think. Let you know guys know how much of an ass I made of myself when I get back [hmmm]

Teepee is by far the best archery shop around here. Everytime I went down they spent time with me, let me shoot a bunch of bows, and help put together a package in my price range. AFTER all that they custom fit the bow/arrows to me, and gave me 5 hours of range time. You spend about an hour in their range and your grouping them at 20 yds in the bullseye. If you are going down there talk to Jim. He shoots a PSE, and the owner shoots for Hoyt. Honestly you can't go wrong with any make, but I love my PSE Drive and couldn't imagine getting a slower bow.[grin]

Until you have been to Reedy's, hold off on calling tee pee the best.

-Trolling via S3.-

Until you have been to Reedy's, hold off on calling tee pee the best.

-Trolling via S3.-

100% this!! Reedys new shop is unreal, wow. Brian does have a nice shop, and I took that long drive for a set of custom strings and cables. Viscosity bow strings are some of the best around.

I just picked up a new Hoyt Spyder and love it. I finally admitted that I was left eye dominate so I switched to a left had bow. I was on The target right off and hitting the X within 10 shots.
I went to Brian's Archery and have no complaints.

100% this!! Reedys new shop is unreal, wow. Brian does have a nice shop, and I took that long drive for a set of custom strings and cables. Viscosity bow strings are some of the best around.

The OP was looking for Recurve equipment. Does Reedys have recurve? I thought he was strictly compound bows.

Aloha

Another good place is DG in Wells. They will fit you properly which is key and have a nice indoor range to test. I know lots of folks who plop down a small fortune on the latest bow with highest draw only to find themselves disappointed on a real hunt, again proper fit is key. I hunt with both crossbow and compound, great fun although two different animals. Lots of great bows out there from PSE to Bear to Hoyt etc my advice is go to a place and spend some time testing them out that way you won't just have an 1100 piece of archery art in your house

Back
Top Bottom