Anyone know where I can get Trailboss powder?

Not been available since 2020. Here is a link to the maker saying they are still doing R+D and it was not likely to be produced/available in 2022. ADI Powders. Near bottom of page.

Anyone seen any?

Thanks

Hopefully someone who has seen some will chime in. Wish I had bought a couple more lbs of it last time I bought some. It's in stock at Hodgdon, but unfortunately Hodgdon won't ship to the PRM.

Not been available since 2020. Here is a link to the maker saying they are still doing R+D and it was not likely to be produced/available in 2022. ADI Powders. Near bottom of page.
No. Hodgdon makes it or perhaps simply brands and markets it, but it is definitely available.

hodgdon does not make any powder. Its all out sourced
Trailboss has been tough to get for a while: Not sure what the problem is seems to come around every 3-5 years!

If your in the area of SE MA give out back arms a call I thought I seen some there the other day.

Hogdon buys it from ADI. Can’t find the link, but there was an article that said there was a manufacturing problem that needed to be resolved before they would even consider going into production again.

Email Hogdon to get an update? Wish you luck.

Last edited:
Yup. Been over 2 years since it was produced so good luck finding any. I got a container and a half left which will last me a long ass time.

Yup. Been over 2 years since it was produced so good luck finding any. I got a container and a half left which will last me a long ass time.
I like trail boss for this reason.
Plus I get decent accuracy with it.
The largest charge I use is 16 grains
Love when I shoot 30-06 with a charge of TB and others at the range have that wtf look.
Great gallery load… fun for water bottle blasting.

Have you been able to find Red Dot for "The Load"? It might be a suitable alternate.
Red dot and 2400 do very well but for those really light puff gallery loads trailboss gets a bit better on accuracy at that 900-1100fps in rifle cals , red dot is inconsistent for , 2400 is choice at 1500-1800 fps out of the 1/10 twist milsurps.

I have a couple of pounds.

Will trade you pound for pound. Trailboss for H4350.

I am pretty sure I have at least 2lbs. Might have more.

Note: by pound, I mean one pound container. Trailboss has less than 1lbs in a container.

Wanted to bump this thread to see if there may have been any recent sightings of this powder in stock anywhere. I found two websites that seem to have plenty in stock! Both are scams, though.

Thanks.

Frank

I was searching a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find any. The scam sites are pretty obvious given their no-name payment methods.

Trail boss since I started using it back in 2010 ish had always been a pita to get when you run out.
IIRC on cast bullets . Com someone posted about ADI not manufacturing this powder often?
A few other powders are similar
Shooters World Cowboy and Buffalo powder.
5744 , then theres always some pistol/shotgun powders
Bullseye, red dot, clays , to name a few. Load data is not always easy to find.
I call the manufacture…..

I will take a look on the shelf
I might have a small jug left? Or partial jug. I have not been shooting cast enough to bother with it.

Nothing has changed with production so any trail boss you find now is old stock. Or a scam

Trail boss since I started using it back in 2010 ish had always been a pita to get when you run out.
IIRC on cast bullets . Com someone posted about ADI not manufacturing this powder often?
A few other powders are similar
Shooters World Cowboy and Buffalo powder.
5744 , then theres always some pistol/shotgun powders
Bullseye, red dot, clays , to name a few. Load data is not always easy to find.
I call the manufacture…..
I have two 5lbs jugs and 22 9oz bottles of trail boss. Along with 28,700 various primers

Nothing has changed with production so any trail boss you find now is old stock. Or a scam
I have two 5lbs jugs and 22 9oz bottles of trail boss. Along with 28,700 various primers

And no not a scam my friend passed away and I inherited all his supplies.

It’s up for sale. 1st thru 3rd of march I would sell at a gun show here in Montana.

Bumping this thread- Any (legit) sightings of Trail Boss?
From what I understand is trail boss will be out of production for some time.
FWIW
I know a Cowboy Action shooter who traveled to Australia in 2022 for some cowboy match. ADI was there who manufactures trail boss. He told me the rep said no pistol powders for the foreseeable future and definitely no trail boss for 2022, and possibly 2023.

Last edited:
Not a direct replacement but
5744 and shooters world buffalo powder can be used for the same type of results

I been playing with 5744 in 6.5 swede cast loads

Back
Top Bottom