• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Do yourself a favor and smash every one of those SP 45's with a hammer. Don't think about saving them - you will eventually rage smash every one of them so get it over with now.

That actually made me laugh. I started picking up .45 brass a couple of months ago - and I now have TWO bins of it, small and large. Not planning on loading the small, but too cheap to throw it away after picking it up.

I'm planning to get into loading 45 ACP - managed finally find some decently priced dies - are LPP as difficult to source as SPP and SRP at the moment?

I might need to go the trading route, although I'm sure some of the 45 ACP I have on hand is small primed.
LPP has been harder to find than SPP lately. I've come across a few bricks in the wild and they've all been SPP for whatever reason.

If you're in a bind and local, I have a brick of LPP I'd trade for SPP so I don't have to load my 9mm with SRP...

Dont hate spp 45s weather you destroy every one you have. One will be one the floor and you will pick it up. I know it a pain but separate and load both or save spp ones for a rainy day. And one more thing stop brass ratting my brass

Speaking of odd size primer pockets...I blew some primers trying to Lee Load SRP .243-Winchester with LRP. It was about a day into my reloading journey and I set off two in a row trying to bash them in with a hammer.

I sold a brick of LPP to @bigblue a couple months back and probably should have held onto them lol. I only got 1500 LPP left but I use them for 44 magnum only so not a TON of shooting. Should last me a bit.
I thought the LPP would be easy to get but they've turned out to be just as elusive as SPP.
Worst case I run out 2-3 years from now, I can always trade some SPP for LPP. I honestly think it will take me longer than that to exhaust my LPP as I've got thousands of 44 mag loaded already lol.

You can have them back... one round at a time. :)

No idea what I just bought, but I got that 5k case of spp just now. Wtf is Unis Ginex? Did I screw up?
I also got that notice from discord. Ignored it. Probably fine but $425 before shipping and hazmat, I passed. Let us know 😂

I also got that notice from discord. Ignored it. Probably fine but $425 before shipping and hazmat, I passed. Let us know 😂

Weren't those 1k boxes I saw on Discord?
They were 1k boxes, but I guess it was a 5k minimum and it auto added 5 bricks to the cart. I think I just spent $460 on primers. I don't feel too good about it, especially since I only wanted 1k lol.

And of course 1k boxes are now available for $56 right now at MSS.

Seems decent. 56$ B but 84$ after shipping and fees. Not ordering

Link removed cuz Maura 😂

Last edited:
They were 1k boxes, but I guess it was a 5k minimum and it auto added 5 bricks to the cart. I think I just spent $460 on primers. I don't feel too good about it, especially since I only wanted 1k lol.

And of course 1k boxes are now available for $56 right now at MSS.

How easy is it to take them out of the strips?

No idea what I just bought, but I got that 5k case of spp just now. Wtf is Unis Ginex? Did I screw up?
I bought a case of those over the winter for a friend/NESer. Don’t know if he had any issues with them. @Pyromancer you ever start reloading?😂

I’ve read that they can be a PITA to seat with certain brands of brass. But I have no experience with them myself.

How easy is it to take them out of the strips?
Reading some other forums, looks like they can easily be poked out with a pencil or paper clip?

I was very close to ordering some of the SPP and LPP strips for friends but decided to pass. Sent the links to some friends who ordered them. Curious to see how they work.

It’s somewhat of a PITA . I was given 5 strips I didn’t find it to difficult to push them out with a small drill bit, and learned as I was going to do it inside a cardboard box or you be chasing primers all over the bench, I haven’t been THAT desperate YET. Save the strips I heard you can sell them on EBay but I’ve never seen them listed.

Last edited:
I bought a case of those over the winter for a friend/NESer. Don’t know if he had any issues with them. @Pyromancer you ever start reloading?😂

I’ve read that they can be a PITA to seat with certain brands of brass. But I have no experience with them myself.
I figure I will sell 3k of them in a heartbeat to make some of my money back without screwing people over. Last time I got a bunch of spp, someone gave me a rough rider for 1k of them lol.

I never expected to be loading for anything which takes spp, but I got a 9mm, so here we are.

I'll worry back once they come in with how they do. I'm not afraid of crushing some primers when seating. Keeps it exciting.

I figure I will sell 3k of them in a heartbeat to make some of my money back without screwing people over. Last time I got a bunch of spp, someone gave me a rough rider for 1k of them lol.

I never expected to be loading for anything which takes spp, but I got a 9mm, so here we are.

I'll worry back once they come in with how they do. I'm not afraid of crushing some primers when seating. Keeps it exciting.
Pretty sure you'll be able to sell what you don't want.

Start thinking about how to hide that credit card charge from the wife ;-)

Lols, I got the bullets, cases, 2 X presses (!), powder and primers (thanks man!). Still need to get a few accessories for the Dillon to make it work. Got run over by an a**h***, so haven't been shooting much [crying].

PV already shipped my overly expensive primers. I do like that once they're in your cart, thier site gives you a 10 minute window which reserves the actual inventory for you. No guessing games.
Shit I didn’t know that. Is that a recent change?

Shit I didn’t know that. Is that a recent change?
I believe so. I got a window at the top of the screen which says to complete the order to guarantee that the item doesn't expire. No need to rush once you have it in the cart now. Pretty good and probably would have prevented me from accidently spending nearly $500 on primers last night if I had known.

Oh well, I'll sell 3k of them. If I felt like being a jerk, I could probably make my $460 back and still keep the 2k I want...

Back
Top Bottom