• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? You expect this to still be a mess in 5-6 months?

I expect it to get progressively worse as the administration rachets down on gun control via XO & agency actions. ATF enforcement will get more aggressive, State dept will add additional restrictions, etc. In 5-6 months the firearm industry will be worse off than it is now. And all of that can be done without Congress. If Congress acts, we are totally f***ed. SCOTUS is bought and paid for so don’t look for salvation from them.

What events or conditions cause you to think it will get better?

Do people not realize who is in the WH and how extreme and anti American the Dims have become?

I think so without a doubt.
Wah!

I'm in decent shape for various types of ammo but have my staples that I reload for matches. I'll probably cut back on some stuff, like switching to a 22 target rifle for a winter match series I'm shooting.

I expect it to get progressively worse as the administration rachets down on gun control via XO & agency actions. ATF enforcement will get more aggressive, State dept will add additional restrictions, etc. In 5-6 months the firearm industry will be worse off than it is now.

What events or conditions cause you to think it will get better?

Do people not realize who is in the WH and how extreme and anti American the Dims have become?

I'm just considering if supply will eventually catch up to demand and the shock of Antifa/BLM riots and destruction plus election of the libtards wears off. Oblabla was no fan of 2A but there was only so much he could do. Also some states are going to push back hard and give the finger to the feds. 3-letter agencies will indeed be weaponized again, not just the ATF.

My 5k CCI SPP arrived today. Got a buddy coming by now to take 2k of them. I’ve decided to keep the rest.
10_army+kid.jpg

My 5k CCI SPP arrived today. Got a buddy coming by now to take 2k of them. I’ve decided to keep the rest.

So, I’m set for now (but could always use extra stock to feel more comfy)...but how are you the only person on 4 message boards that seems to be able to get primers in qty over 1000 and for non-retard pricing? It’s like you’re some kind of magician...or a WITCH!!!

1611507528479.png

People love leaving loaded rounds on the ground at my club. I never come home empty handed. Scored a 380 today. And yes obviously I broke it down to get the primer! Worth a lot of money!....
View attachment 440320View attachment 440321
If you weren’t ALSO doing shit like this, I wouldn’t want to be your friend anymore...but apparently you’re just a cheap f***.

I’m frugal, but FFS, that’s more effort than I put into my relationship (could explain some things).

If you weren’t ALSO doing shit like this, I wouldn’t want to be your friend anymore...but apparently you’re just a cheap f***.

I’m frugal, but FFS, that’s more effort than I put into my relationship (could explain some things).
Easy there [laugh] . I'm not a cheap f***. I don't reload 380 so why not break it down and get the primer??? And even if i did reload/shoot 380, I'm not shooting random ammo on the ground [laugh]

Funny story, sad but funny anyway. Have lots of trouble sleeping , so I’m up and around at strange hours. So I’m just mindlessly surfing the net at 0200 and punch in Large Pistol Primers in a search query. BING! A site with a Southern sound g name pops up and I click on it, and I’m like WTF it has what I want and I load 4 into my cart and head to checkout. Punch my info in Load my CC # s and fill out shipping address Until the screen stops and I finally see That the won’t ship to Mass or even for a matter of fact The USA ! I was like WTF until I finally realized The seller and the site were in NewZealand. It hurts behind a dumbass sometimes!!!

Are people really paying those prices for primers (at least locally, not talking about gunbroker) in the classifieds?? Damn I could make a killing. But I get satisfaction helping fellow reloaders. My buddy was beyond excited last night when he came by to get his 3k SPP.

Easy there [laugh] . I'm not a cheap f***. I don't reload 380 so why not break it down and get the primer???

because (for me at least) it’d be at least a 5 minute process, but this is most likely outcome

-find my bullet puller/correct keeper thingies
-smash the puller onto the ground until the bullet falls out
-get powder everywhere (and in my hair) after inevitable extra swing of the hammer after the bullet fell out (I really get into it sometimes)
-dig through my bench to find the right die
-screw die into press or LNL bushing
-insert in press
-get case stuck
-spend 2hrs removing stuck case from die
-drown my sorrows
-realize I forgot to direct my primer tube out of my ‘spent primer’ bottle
-dump 1000 spent primers (and one single unused primer) onto table
-get lead poisoning
-search for an hour through each primer, flipping and checking to no avail
-profit.

If I didn't have a 223 shell plate which happens to be the same plate for 380, I probably would have left it behind. I also don't have any 380 dies but I do have the lee universal decapping die. I think it took me about a minute to break it down since I have my bullet puller and dies right on my bench [laugh]

because (for me at least) it’d be at least a 5 minute process, but this is most likely outcome

-find my bullet puller/correct keeper thingies
-smash the puller onto the ground until the bullet falls out
-get powder everywhere (and in my hair) after inevitable extra swing of the hammer after the bullet fell out (I really get into it sometimes)
-dig through my bench to find the right die
-screw die into press or LNL bushing
-insert in press
-get case stuck
-spend 2hrs removing stuck case from die
-drown my sorrows
-realize I forgot to direct my primer tube out of my ‘spent primer’ bottle
-dump 1000 spent primers (and one single unused primer) onto table
-get lead poisoning
-search for an hour through each primer, flipping and checking to no avail
-profit.
My favorite part of pulling a bullet; dumping the powder in my wife's ashtray and watching when she goes to smoke on the deck!

If I didn't have a 223 shell plate which happens to be the same plate for 380, I probably would have left it behind. I also don't have any 380 dies but I do have the lee universal decapping die. I think it took me about a minute to break it down since I have my bullet puller and dies right on my bench [laugh]
Tomato/tomahto

My favorite part of pulling a bullet; dumping the powder in my wife's ashtray and watching when she goes to smoke on the deck!
[laugh] That's what marriage is all about right!?

Reminds me of the time when I was a kid, I modified those Bic lighters so the flame would be like 6" tall. My mom steps outside to smoke and ends up singeing her eyebrows[rofl]

Can’t find primers might as well tell stupid kid story’. My buddy Bruce and I are being dumb ass kids around in my basement. Looking for something to do I open a drawer and pull out a metal toolbox. In it is my old mans gun cleaning kit and a handful of .38 rounds . Now comes the ingenious idea to yank the lead bullets out to see what’s inside. We put the cartridge in a small bench vise and manage with a pair of needle nose vise grips to unseat one. Feeling like we conquered nuclear physics we do 3 or 4 more . So Bruce decided it’s time to see if we can light this powder in a small pile with a stick match. Yup it lights!!!!!! I look at him and he had no eyebrows left and his face is singed a might. Needless to say my father was none to happy with either of us .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom