• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I’m set for now (but could always use extra stock to feel more comfy)...but how are you the only person on 4 message boards that seems to be able to get primers in qty over 1000 and for non-retard pricing? It’s like you’re some kind of magician...or a WITCH!!!

View attachment 440512

It's magic.

You know, his house is not that far from Salem. Just sayin...

Fun with fire! We have a guy at work who, pretty much every shift, turns the gas burner on the stove top in the kitchen which never lights, walks away to look for the grill lighter while the area fills with gas, then lights the burner and jumps back with a "Whoa!" when it lights up with a whoompf!

I ask why he just doesn't close the kitchen door and when the kitchen is nice and ripe, rapidly flick the light switch on and off. Best part of it is we're firefighters!

Interesting. I think others have pointed it out. I have product notification on for a few and I didn't receive anything. Thanks to seeing this, I hopefully just got a jug. It is "processing" so hopefully this one doesn't get backed out.

Interesting. I think others have pointed it out. I have product notification on for a few and I didn't receive anything. Thanks to seeing this, I hopefully just got a jug. It is "processing" so hopefully this one doesn't get backed out.
Yeah you can’t rely on email notifications anymore.

Just watched. Full retard. "We're not going to.build a new factory because we want to utilize factories at full capacity and it would take years".

No shit Sherlock. Look around at demand and how cheap money is to loan. Now is the best time to build. You could increase capacity 100% and take over the market just by being the only one who actually have something to sell. You've now wasted almost an entire year of expansion potential.

These people really think we're going back to 2019?

Hoffman's in Newington, CT has them. Small rifle/pistol , large rifle for $44.99/1000. 1000 limit.
This is posted on a local forum; I didn't see them for myself at the store.
Not bad. I was working close to Hoffman’s back in 2016 and I remember just days before the election I grabbed a bunch of large and small rifle primers along with the last of the 2400 powder they had. Good shop.

No primer drops in quite a while now...sounds like the factories are focusing on producing ammo. Makes sense.

I'm probably fine with my modest stock, but like all, I'd prefer more.

Hoffman's in Newington, CT has them. Small rifle/pistol , large rifle for $44.99/1000. 1000 limit.
This is posted on a local forum; I didn't see them for myself at the store.
Found em! $34.99! Only went up $10 in ~5 years😂
These were at the bottom of my stash. I’ve been using CCI SRP and LRP lately.
C3B52438-E9DA-418F-9617-FF8E75159115.jpeg

Just watched. Full retard. "We're not going to.build a new factory because we want to utilize factories at full capacity and it would take years".

No shit Sherlock. Look around at demand and how cheap money is to loan. Now is the best time to build. You could increase capacity 100% and take over the market just by being the only one who actually have something to sell. You've now wasted almost an entire year of expansion potential.

I kinda understand their point. Unless they are seeing huge increases in consumption through range shooting activity (or a war), this level of demand is a bubble that is just building unused inventory out there and isn’t sustainable. Remember, ammo has an almost infinite shelf life. Unless consumption increases a ton, all this ammo is just sitting on shelves and will possibly suppress demand for years to come. That’s why they aren’t building more capacity. Right or wrong, in their view, they are managing to long-term patterns, not short term blips when making capital spending decisions.

While many of us are big consumers of ammo, most arent. Folks are just reacting to the shortage by stocking up irrationally (see toilet paper last March). Eventually demand will even out.

Group buy on an ammo factory?

As you are probably aware, you can still purchase components in CT w/o the Governor's permission. So, if you are from MA, RI, NY wherever, you can buy primers at Hoffman's.
I had my CT permit at the time but I honestly can’t remember if they asked for it. I think they only did when buying ammo.

I kinda understand their point. Unless they are seeing huge increases in consumption through range shooting activity (or a war), this level of demand is a bubble that is just building unused inventory out there and isn’t sustainable. Remember, ammo has an almost infinite shelf life. Unless consumption increases a ton, all this ammo is just sitting on shelves and will possibly suppress demand for years to come. That’s why they aren’t building more capacity. Right or wrong, in their view, they are managing to long-term patterns, not short term blips when making capital spending decisions.

While many of us are big consumers of ammo, most arent. Folks are just reacting to the shortage by stocking up irrationally (see toilet paper last March). Eventually demand will even out.

There's a few things worth pointing out.

(1) Federal doesn't need to build a new ammo plant because they (Vista Outdoors) just bought Remington's.

(2) The amount of ammo plants built outside of wartime is very small. War also opens up things like government subsidies and funding. Also, consider the ammo needs of say the US + Entente in WW1 or the Allies in WW2. In both world wars, not only was the US ammo industry supplying our own forces, but we were the "arsenal of democracy" and provided ammo for most if not all of the Allied combatants to extents ranging from "100%" to some ammo for specific guns in foreign use, like say .45ACP for Thompsons shipped with tanks or .50BMG.

(3) To say the real estate market is in flux right now is an understatement; demand for property in rural, inexpensive areas for residential purposes is spiking as people move out and away from urban and suburban areas. Ammo plants are huge, such as Remington's being 12,000 sq. ft.

(4) Ammo plants, particularly older ones, are Superfund sites:

LAKE CITY ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT (NORTHWEST LAGOON) | Superfund Site Profile | Superfund Site Information | US EPA

Also, that link makes another point, which is that Lake City isn't even commercially owned; its government property, operated by contractors.

Even in a conservative state and in a conservative area, how do you think most people would react if some large conglomerate came into town, bought up land, and said "yeah, we're going to build an ammo plant." These things do explode, on occasion:

After Deadly Explosion At Lake City Munitions Plant, The Business Of War Proves Costly

List of accidents and incidents involving transport or storage of ammunition - Wikipedia

Shocking photos show massive fireball caused by explosion at Russian ammo dump said to house tens of thousands of artillery shells

Explosions in Serb ammunition factory kill six

Obviously, the risk of an ammo plant exploding is relatively low, but its still a risk and something for say local opposition groups to latch onto. So, the only places to really build such a plant would be in the middle of nowhere in an unincorporated area without much government restriction. Generally, the middle of nowhere isn't where skilled workers are or where skilled workers from other places want to relocate to.

There's a few things worth pointing out.

(1) Federal doesn't need to build a new ammo plant because they (Vista Outdoors) just bought Remington's.

(2) The amount of ammo plants built outside of wartime is very small. War also opens up things like government subsidies and funding. Also, consider the ammo needs of say the US + Entente in WW1 or the Allies in WW2. In both world wars, not only was the US ammo industry supplying our own forces, but we were the "arsenal of democracy" and provided ammo for most if not all of the Allied combatants to extents ranging from "100%" to some ammo for specific guns in foreign use, like say .45ACP for Thompsons shipped with tanks or .50BMG.

(3) To say the real estate market is in flux right now is an understatement; demand for property in rural, inexpensive areas for residential purposes is spiking as people move out and away from urban and suburban areas. Ammo plants are huge, such as Remington's being 12,000 sq. ft.

(4) Ammo plants, particularly older ones, are Superfund sites:

LAKE CITY ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT (NORTHWEST LAGOON) | Superfund Site Profile | Superfund Site Information | US EPA

Also, that link makes another point, which is that Lake City isn't even commercially owned; its government property, operated by contractors.

Even in a conservative state and in a conservative area, how do you think most people would react if some large conglomerate came into town, bought up land, and said "yeah, we're going to build an ammo plant." These things do explode, on occasion:

After Deadly Explosion At Lake City Munitions Plant, The Business Of War Proves Costly

List of accidents and incidents involving transport or storage of ammunition - Wikipedia

Shocking photos show massive fireball caused by explosion at Russian ammo dump said to house tens of thousands of artillery shells

Explosions in Serb ammunition factory kill six

Obviously, the risk of an ammo plant exploding is relatively low, but its still a risk and something for say local opposition groups to latch onto. So, the only places to really build such a plant would be in the middle of nowhere in an unincorporated area without much government restriction. Generally, the middle of nowhere isn't where skilled workers are or where skilled workers from other places want to relocate to.
Please. We have a ball bearing factory near me that blew up a few years ago. Place was up and running a day later.

There are plenty of isolated places, especially in the mountains, where there's zero danger of collateral damage.

Please. We have a ball bearing factory near me that blew up a few years ago. Place was up and running a day later.

There are plenty of isolated places, especially in the mountains, where there's zero danger of collateral damage.

Then put up or shut up. If making an ammo plant is so easy, do it.

Easy has nothing to do with your presented argument of site issues.

There are a number of places like old lead mines that have all been closed down. Great places to start.

You're going to put a future pollution hazard (again, Lake City literally is one) into an already existing pollution hazard? And expect the Feds, state, and municipality to be ok with that? And the workers, who would presumably be exposed to lead still in the old mine, unless you somehow seal the plant from the people?

Let's take that argument seriously for a second.

Looks like Barry County, MO has a bunch of old lead mining:

Missouri Department of Natural Resources

Barry County, MO has approximately 36,000 people in it. Federal, whose president you called "Full retard", is currently working on hiring 1,000 new employees to get Remington's plant up and running in addition to the then-existing skeleton crew of 200 employees. What you're suggesting is either: (a) hiring 1/36 of the entire county's population to work in an ammo plant; or (b) bringing in skilled employees from elsewhere. Where are you finding these employees? Ammo companies haven't been running at full capacity in a few years, plus add in COVID-related issues. Please, explain where you plan to find 1,000 competent employees within say a year to make an ammo plant productive. Of course, you're ignoring the fact that the ammo plant won't be profitable for years or potentially decades, during which time there may be increased gun control that may dampen consumer demand for ammo; or, more importantly for Federal, a change in military and police ammo buying patterns.

Out of all the ammo plants in the world, and there's not that many, how many are in old lead mines? They're almost all in major areas with decently-sized and educated populations. Anoka County, MN has about 330,000 people. Lonoke County, AR has about 68,000. Even PPU's factory is in a pretty decently sized city of about 150,000.

But that's ok, because you want to put an ammo plant in an old lead mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom