• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

anyone open carried in the White Mountains

The White Mountains are divided aren't they? There's the National Park, National Forest and NH State Forest.
National Forest: Generally OK to carry.
National Park: Not OK to carry.
NH State Forest OK to carry.

The White Mountains are divided aren't they? There's the National Park, National Forest and NH State Forest.

No part of the Whites is a National Park, although the Appalachian Trail corridor - really a very tiny fraction of the area - is maintained, in part, by the National Park Service.

Because a right you don't exercise, is one you have LOST FOREVER!

Sounds good on paper but the first time some wussy libtard calls the cops on you for a "man with a gun", you'll likely lose your gun/guns, your LTC and alot of cash paying a lawyer to defend your case.

Most people are not impressed with someone openly carrying a gun, it does more to soothe the ego of the carrier than anything else.

Be smart, carry concealed and don't give someone a reason to f*** with you.

No part of the Whites is a National Park, although the Appalachian Trail corridor - really a very tiny fraction of the area - is maintained, in part, by the National Park Service.

+1 and bring all the guns you want, I saw a kid with a 12 ga. strapped to his pack once (don't know if that is legal).

As for open carry you might want to wait for the Conway shooting to cool off a little more[wink], but it is your right and legal in the National Forest b/c it follows NH law.

I am only interested in carrying in the state forests, no built up areas. The reason I don't conceal is because I can't get a NH non-res ccw permit because my LTC is restricted.:(

Finalygotabeltfed said:
:

Sounds good on paper but the first time some wussy libtard calls the cops on you for a "man with a gun", you'll likely lose your gun/guns, your LTC and alot of cash paying a lawyer to defend your case.

Not true.

Yeah, NH has consistently UPHELD the right to open and conceal carry. Even when dealing with wussy libtards.

Most people are not impressed with someone openly carrying a gun, it does more to soothe the ego of the carrier than anything else.

Where on Earth does this stuff come from?

Where on Earth does this stuff come from?
If the COP in my town found out I were open carryin in NH or were carrying at all (say because the responding officer contacted him) I could be in for a world of harassment, license revocation, and renewal difficulties.

Last edited:
If the COP in my town found out I were open carryin in NH or were carrying at all (say because the responding officer contacted him) I could be in for a world of harassment.

So...if you were open carrying in NH...in the White Mountains...and someone even cared enough to call the police...and they, knowing OC is legal in NH, cared enough to come talk to you...and found out where you were from in MA...and objected enough to call the CLEO in your town...there might be "a world of harassment?" I'm no programmer, but here are too many conditional IF's in that scenario for me to take it seriously.

By the way, are there any other perfectly legal things that you could do that would lead to a "world of harassment" from your "COP" if he found out you did it in NH? Shoot off fireworks? Drive without seatbelts? Just curious.

I'm no programmer, but here are too many conditional IF's in that scenario for me to take it seriously.

Agreed! One of the reasons I am so completely and thoroughly disgusted with having to live in this state, is gun owners are treated like a virus. The CLEO in our issuing town for our license (to even own a handgun) has complete and total discretion over issuance of your license, and can pull it at any time, for any reason. Gun owners here in this communist shit hole of a state, are so completely and utterly terrified, that their license will be taken away even if they are not breaking any laws, they will refuse to even exercise their rights where allowed!

By the way, are there any other perfectly legal things that you could do that would lead to a "world of harassment" from your "COP" if he found out you did it in NH? Shoot off fireworks? Drive without seatbelts? Just curious.

Don't make light of it, here in this gulag of jack-booted thugs we call MA, farting out of turn could result in prison time! But if you want to stay out of jail, just become a career criminal! The bleeding heart pansy assed bitches will embrace you, and blame it on society. On the other hand, being a law abiding, tax paying, member of society you have to live in constant fear of persecution!

f***ed up, ain't it?

I have open carried at the top of Mt. Washington, Lancaster, Peterborough, The Flume, Manchester, Nashua, Gunstock Resort, Greenfield State Park, Whitefield, Littleton, and Conway. The only time anything was said to me was at a restaurant by a busboy, who said "Excuse me, my buddy and I are trying to figure what kind of pistol that is... is it a SIG?"

It's my understanding that there's a group from Dalton that goes out to eat in full western regalia, six-shooters included. One guy carries a double barrel shotgun in a holster on his back.

I also agree that a right not exercised is a right lost.

So...if you were open carrying in NH...in the White Mountains...and someone even cared enough to call the police...and they, knowing OC is legal in NH, cared enough to come talk to you...and found out where you were from in MA...and objected enough to call the CLEO in your town...there might be "a world of harassment?" I'm no programmer, but here are too many conditional IF's in that scenario for me to take it seriously.

You start to think about them differently after they come to your house and check your papers.
they will refuse to even exercise their rights where allowed!
Only my right to open carry. Concealed means concealed! How is the COP going to find out?

Last edited:

What LTC? You don't need one up here! [smile]

I have open carried at the top of Mt. Washington, Lancaster, Peterborough, The Flume, Manchester, Nashua, Gunstock Resort, Greenfield State Park, Whitefield, Littleton, and Conway. The only time anything was said to me was at a restaurant by a busboy, who said "Excuse me, my buddy and I are trying to figure what kind of pistol that is... is it a SIG?"
So... was it?

Back
Top Bottom