Anyone reload 38 Short Colt?

I am tired of fiddling with my 327 and 627 trying to load 8 moon clipped rounds into the chambers so I bought some Starline 38 Short Colt brass.

I have read a few resources online that suggest using 9mm reloading data with the cases to make minor power factor.

I grabbed some of my 158gn round nose bullets and was not sure there would be any room left in the case for powder.

Any suggestions for starting loads and powders? I was thinking about loading a few with Unique. I may start with a lighter projectile as well.

Chris

I run mid-colt: 38 special brass cut to 38 super length.

Check out the revolver and reloading sections on Enos Forum, there are lots of people that use them. Depending on what brand dies you are using you will likely need a 9mm crimp die, the 38/357 die won't go down far enough.

I bought 38 short colt dies so I am all set there. Interestingly enough, in the LEE set the size/deprime is the 38/357 die. Not sure if the expander is 38 colt specific.

Looking at the 38 short colt, I am not sure that the 38 long colt or a trimmed 38 special wouldn't be a better idea, the 38 short colts are short!

I'll take a look at the enos forum.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom