• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone seen a Webley or Enfield Revolver?

GaryNH

NES Member
For the shop haunters: I'm trying to find a reasonable Webley or Enfield top break and wondering if anyone has seen one local to southern New Hampshire. I'm C&R, so anything goes!

Thanks!

Gary

You might want to call Great Northern Sports Center in Derry ... 603-432-3742‎.

The last time I was in there (it was some time ago), they had some older top breaks in one of the display cases. I can't say for sure any of them were Webleys or Enfields though.

saw 5 of them on Gunbroker. They were in various condtion. Do you want the orginal caliber or converted to 45?

saw 5 of them on Gunbroker. They were in various condtion. Do you want the orginal caliber or converted to 45?

Thanks Mr Weebles, I'll give them a call. Never had very good experience in there, but if they have what I'm looking for, I'll suffer through!

Gary

50 BMG, I'm open to all. .45 ACP would be nicer than .455 I think, but I was kinda liking what I read about the .38 S&W ones. Seems like it's a fun round to shoot.

Gary

50 BMG, I'm open to all. .45 ACP would be nicer than .455 I think, but I was kinda liking what I read about the .38 S&W ones. Seems like it's a fun round to shoot.

There are always a bunch up on gunbroker. You pay a big premium for the un-cut .455 ones these days, and they're harder to come by. The .38S&W models are the most common, and they're definitely fun to shoot. That's what I've got at the moment (see below), though I'm always on the lookout for a nice original .455 MkVI, but every time I find one I can't seem to part with the money asked.

webley.jpg

That was my thinking. The .38s seem to be in the mid-$300s but the larger cals are up in the $5-600 range. Your's is nice. Uncut hammers don't seem to be around much. All I've seen on the net lately are the bobbed ones.

Gary

Thanks Mr Weebles, I'll give them a call. Never had very good experience in there, but if they have what I'm looking for, I'll suffer through!

Yeah, I haven't had much luck there either. They're not the most friendly shop.

Just thought I'd mention them since I saw some top-breaks there, although it was some time ago.

Your's is nice. Uncut hammers don't seem to be around much. All I've seen on the net lately are the bobbed ones.

I got mine for $325 from a small dealer up in Maine who happened to have it. It was sold to him by the son of a guy who brought it back from WWII. So it's not import marked and pretty much unmolested. The story is that the guy traded it from a British officer for a Nambu. But the holster is Canadian so I don't know how much of that is true.

Check out gunboards in the want to sell forum I just saw an Enfield in 38 S&W for $275 + shipping. Condition is okay but check it out...for the price you decide!

Good luck!

Had a little bit of a "stumble" in my search. Was checking shops yesterday, and brought by wife with me. She spotted a Walther P22 and got very interested in it. Now, she's not normally interested so, the Brit pistol fund got reduced by the price of the P22. Search is on hold for now. But, the P22 seems like it will be a fun gun and a good companion to my 10/22.

Thanks again!

Gary

I saw one in .38 today at Richie's in Westport. Can't remember but I think the price was $280 and it had a really old leather holster with it.
Someone needs to buy this before I go back and plunk down money.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom