Anyone seen any decent prices on reloadable .30 carbine? (~15 a box)

I know of one place that has a few cases of .30 carbine (UMC) left for $15 a box, and I was thinking about going and snatching them up seeing as prices are through the roof. Anyone seen any comparable pricing? It's the cheapest I've seen recently that isn't Wolf (and even that's up now)

I've got four active carbines to feed, plus the QH where I damaged the end of the barrel and need to get it checked before I try it... so I do have mouths to feed.

I'm also torn about getting ammo vs getting another carbine. I plan to try for a rack grade S'G' when they're released later this month with a National Postal as backup for if I miss out on one of the 130 S'G's.

Last edited:
You must have gotten the latest email from the ODCMP too? [frown]

AMMUNITION PRICE INCREASE: As a result of significant price increases by Aguila, CMP has raised the price of .30 cal carbine ammunition (Item # 438) from $249.95 to $289.00 per case of 1,000 rds. Price increase is effective immediately, but CMP will honor the old price for all orders already received, but not yet processed. We have also been advised by Aguila of longer delivery times for future orders for this caliber.

I did get that email and it did precipitate me deciding whether to snatch up all the relatively inexpensive .30 carbineI can find.

Buy it now!! I made a couple of calls. Everyone I know in NH is sold out!! Rileys in NH does have 500 rounds of .223 for (cough) $200.00 and that is a sale!. jp

Last edited:
I know of one place that sells .30 carbine brass - and another one that sells reloaded .30 carbine bulk for $290.00 per thousand (plus shipping)

send me a PM and I can forward the info.

Well, I went down and cleared them out. $370 with tax for 1200 rounds of Remington/UMC factory ammo. Not bad, although a few years ago it was $10 a box,.

Back
Top Bottom