Anyone shoot indoor archery leagues?

Just started in the one at my club. Never done it before, so the structure/scoring is all new to me. Pretty cool though. Gives me something to work towards in my practice time.

We shoot a modified NFAA 300 pt unit. It is a mix of NFAA targets and animal targets which score 4 for kills and 5 for body. One end at each of the twelve targets. It seems like a good mix as some of the smaller animals are tough to not have a miss and some big ones are very easy to score 25.

My first two scores in the last two weeks have been 244 and 238. I am still getting rather tired by the 50th or so arrow.

My immediate goal is to stop with the misses/zeros. Then to start inching up my groups.

That sounds like fun. Every time I shoot indoors I just try to group my arrows, and it get boring fairly quickly.

Made some adjustments yesterday. New sight with smaller .019 pins, new peep, and dialed my box down two turns (now likely in mid 60# range rather than maxed out at 70#). It all made a big difference and my groups improved. Body was tired by the time I got it sighted back in and tuned though. I am hoping to see an immediate improvement in points this week.

Also, I robin hooded one of my arrows. Never done that before. Well, probably the best you can robin hood a carbon arrow. The arrow in the target was mangled, the second arrow did not stay in the other arrow but it didn't stick in target either. It just fell to ground. I could not find even a piece of the nock!!!

Back
Top Bottom