• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone shooting this Saturday at Reading?

Hey everyone. I wanted to come down to Reading this Saturday to learn about getting into high power. I'm probably going to meet Derek on June 5th regardless, but since I had already planned on going, I was looking to see if anyone will be around.

Best,
ZA

If the weather holds up with no rain, which it should, Derek and I will be there. Shooting in my first competition last week was such a learning experience and with the help of Derek, Charlie and others at the range, I learned alot.

Hope to see you out there tomorrow.

Yeah, as it stands now, by the good folks at weather.com, we're looking at scattered clouds/sunny and up to the high 60's by noon :)

Damn you Mass. if you somehow botch this one up. I'm friggin going tomorrow!!!

Hey guys- it was great seeing you at Reading today. Really enjoyed learning about highpower, and I appreciate you coming out to meet me Derek.

Happy shooting, everyone!

ZainAnak said:
Hey guys- it was great seeing you at Reading today. Really enjoyed learning about highpower, and I appreciate you coming out to meet me Derek.

It was great to meet you in person. I hope you enjoyed yourself and want to continue in your persuit of a high power rifle. I heard you got to do some 600 meter shooting after the match was over?

ZainAnak said:

Aye, it was great to meet you too.. Hope you learned a lot. Hopefully we can see you out there soon so we can shoot.

How did the 600m shoot go after the match??

Well, funny you guys should ask. This is going to sound about as trite as they come, but I'm going to blame the rifle I was shooting for being off :)

With the 10 rounds I got to shoot, I was shooting 7's at the 600. But, I had to put the front post well below the black to try to get it closer. Plus the sling they put me in was sized for a lady. Long story short- my arm felt like a herion addict's, the sights were undoubtedly off, but I had a good time. Next time I'm showing up with my own steel.

Oh, as further proof it was the equipment's fault and clearly not my unfalteringly amazing shooting skills ;) , the kid using the rifle for the actual competition shot a 550. He could not seem to get the lead on the target.

Thanks again guys!

ZainAnak said:
Well, funny you guys should ask. This is going to sound about as trite as they come, but I'm going to blame the rifle I was shooting for being off :)

With the 10 rounds I got to shoot, I was shooting 7's at the 600. But, I had to put the front post well below the black to try to get it closer. Plus the sling they put me in was sized for a lady. Long story short- my arm felt like a herion addict's, the sights were undoubtedly off, but I had a good time. Next time I'm showing up with my own steel.

Oh, as further proof it was the equipment's fault and clearly not my unfalteringly amazing shooting skills ;) , the kid using the rifle for the actual competition shot a 550. He could not seem to get the lead on the target.

Thanks again guys!

I agree. I am still tuning my rifle after 2 weeks to find its sweetspot.. I had to make even more adjustments at the 300 than I did last week in addition to adjust my sling as well..

But one thing for sure, you were hitting the target. I bet with a few more hours, you could have that dialed in. That is what makes it so fun! Hopefully dispite the issues with the setup of the rifle, you will see the joy of the sport and will see you out there competing!

Back
Top Bottom