Anyone still boycotting the NFL?

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The crowd noise on tv with an empty stadium is on par with a packed stadium. I highly doubt they just learned how to do this over the pandemic. I could be wrong. Just my observation as a casual viewer.
I don't disagree with you.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
No range day for me. I'm in ammo conservation mode.
#metoo

I had a few local degens over, we drank beers, ate tacos, did driveway burnouts and front lawn donuts, drank lots of shit beer and that good clear, and then got our mitts out and had a catch. No football was watched. What a great way to close out the summer.

20200920_185919.jpg

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I didn't read any of this thread, but I did catch a little bit of the Chiefs vs. Chargers tonight.
It dawned on me that the fans were cheering, whistling, and shouting yet there was nobody in the stands.
Canned sound effects.
Reminds of when the PGA got caught for adding in the sound effects of birds chirping - for birds that weren't native to where the game was being played.
Sunday Night Football last week.
Crowd noise audio with cardboard fans. Effin joke.

IMG_5846.JPG

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
We should turn this into a what we did on Sunday thread. Another range trip for me this beautiful AM View attachment 393881View attachment 393882View attachment 393883View attachment 393884
Nice! Range day for me was yesterday. Was pretty pumped to have finally sorted out accuracy issues with a USMC 1941 sniper clone. I was able to reach sub moa.

Also watched LSU vs Mississippi State and saw zero SJW bullshit. As much as I like football,, I can't watch NFL - not going to subject myself to their pandering and support of the leftist dogma.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Wife and I were driving back home this morn. Radio was talking about football and in the 2min we listened they kept asking why no one seemed excited this year. Lol. Seriously you thick headed idiots?

Maybe we like our sports with full stadiums and not played by people more intersted in supporting rioters than winning games.

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Nice! Range day for me was yesterday. Was pretty pumped to have finally sorted out accuracy issues with a USMC 1941 sniper clone. I was able to reach sub moa.

Also watched LSU vs Mississippi State and saw zero SJW bullshit. As much as I like football,, I can't watch NFL - not going to subject myself to their pandering and support of the leftist dogma.
Nice, throw a picture of that sniper rifle sometime! Yea I totally respect not watching it for obvious reasons but I’m still holding to what I do. I just finished scrubbing the shit out of 2 of my AR’s that badly needed a bath so it’s chillax time for me know 🍻

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Wife and I were driving back home this morn. Radio was talking about football and in the 2min we listened they kept asking why no one seemed excited this year. Lol. Seriously you thick headed idiots?

Maybe we like our sports with full stadiums and not played by people more intersted in supporting rioters than winning games.
Wife and I went out for Dinner the other night at what was a sports bar Pre-Covid.

TV’s on all around us. Hockey and Basketball are in their playoffs (right?) and Baseball and Football are in full swing. All ESPN was running was new stories about which athletes had what to say about Breonna Taylor.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Nice, throw a picture of that sniper rifle sometime! Yea I totally respect not watching it for obvious reasons but I’m still holding to what I do. I just finished scrubbing the shit out of 2 of my AR’s that badly needed a bath so it’s chillax time for me know 🍻
Yeah, now that it's finished I need to post a pic. I've posted target pics but need to do an after pic of the rifle in its new C stock. [thumbsup]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I helped my wife with her yard sale today. I frickin hate her yard sale nonsense. However it was a major win for me. I never knew how smokin hot one of our neighbors is 😀 OMG what a babe! After, I took my motorcycle out for about an hour. So one loss and two wins for me today.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hardcore Patriots fan since 1975 (10 years old).
Not watching NFL this year.
Do not know and do not want to know if the Pats won today.

Do all those players really think Jerry Jones supports BLM?... I doubt it.
I'm thinking... Saw a lot... Dave Casper's forward fumble. Saw Jack Tatum break Singletary's neck live (clean hit by a dirty player). Zolak go 1-15. Bledsoe off the bench against the Steelers. Law not limping on a broken ankle until he looked over his shoulder and knew no one could catch him..And on and on.
Sad I had to let it go, but for me it's the right thing to do.

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Went riding out West, the colors were amazing.. Seems like the colors went full retard in less than a week.

One of these days I am going to hook up a GoPro because it really is a great time to be riding a bike in the Northeast and I would like to watch it and make a short video.

Kind of weird though because my favorite thing about this time of year IS football. Everybody is off the roads and glued to the TV watching guys in yoga pants wrestle each other, perfect time to go riding.

Today it seemed like everybody was on the roads. [angry]

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I was helping friends who bought lunch but then put the game on.
It seriously was time for me to return home so I can’t in good faith say I left because of the NFL but it was a solid reason.
Retuned home and NHRA was on. Some great racing and no PC bullshit.
Racers pumping serious amounts of raw fuel into the air freaking out Prius owners made my day.
Some great runs was also pretty damn good.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 15 of us, friends and neighbors, adults and a bunch of kids, after getting shit done, took a pretty long ATV ride, as is now the Sunday Funday regiment. We ride to a mountain top where we get a good view of the sunset. Nobody even considers a sport other than Motorsports or hunting.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just came back from Wegmans, did not see a single patriots jersey clad shopper. Usually on a Sunday, it is wall-to-wall patriots gear especially around the wings bar.

Wing bar is now all prepackaged, but the observation stands nonetheless
maybe they were wearing orange TBTB12 jerseys and you aren’t focused on them. Lol

I was on the road near 1. Packed. Usually right before kickoff the roads are empty. Strange

I'm convinced the sounds have been piped in (for the TV broadcast) for years after seeing how they do it now. It wouldn't make sense for them not to do it.
I was watching a baseball game a week or two ago. The high 3B camera had piped in video from previous years. The entire crowd existed in this short loop. Then you’d go to the pitch cam and just placards.

I guess in a few years they can skip filling stadiums completely. Just run it all virtually straight out of ILM.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm thinking... Saw a lot... Dave Casper's forward fumble. Saw Jack Tatum break Singletary's neck live (clean hit by a dirty player). Zolak go 1-15. Bledsoe off the bench against the Steelers. Law not limping on a broken ankle until he looked over his shoulder and knew no one could catch him..And on and on.
Sad I had to let it go, but for me it's the right thing to do.
Come on man. Tatum destroyed him with blow to the head in a focking preseason game. He was filthy and I am sad it took a long time for him to be at -6' altitude.

Cars&Guns

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not watching any sports this year has allowed me to discover more shows I normally wouldn't have watched and also more time on Sunday to do other stuff. Even if the NFL came out and said oops we love America we were wrong i still wouldn't go back to watching i dont think.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wife just stated the obvious: the Bruins folded, the Red Sox folded, and the Celtics just folded.

All we've got left are the Patriots. Why boycott, they are the only game in town.

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Went riding out West, the colors were amazing.. Seems like the colors went full retard in less than a week.

One of these days I am going to hook up a GoPro because it really is a great time to be riding a bike in the Northeast and I would like to watch it and make a short video.

Kind of weird though because my favorite thing about this time of year IS football. Everybody is off the roads and glued to the TV watching guys in yoga pants wrestle each other, perfect time to go riding.

Today it seemed like everybody was on the roads. [angry]
It seems like the leaves are turning early this year, even some trees at my range were looking pretty good. Gotta love the Fall, my favorite season by far.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It seems like the leaves are turning early this year, even some trees at my range were looking pretty good. Gotta love the Fall, my favorite season by far.

Yup. Drove out to Maynard yesterday for some trap shooting. Couldn't help but notice the leaves. Very nice this time of year and a great no wind day for shooting trap. Of course that didn't really matter for me...lol

Love just being at the range and shooting this time of year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not watching any sports this year has allowed me to discover more shows I normally wouldn't have watched and also more time on Sunday to do other stuff. Even if the NFL came out and said oops we love America we were wrong i still wouldn't go back to watching i dont think.
This is a funny angle to take. You boycott the NFL because of their attitudes toward America. Yet you fill in the time by watching "other shows". Have you vetted these shows to insure that their actors and producers have political opinions that align with yours?

Top Bottom